Thread: E38 60lb injector settings.

Default E38 60lb injector settings.

Just after some help on the best way to set up Siemens 107961 60lb injectors into a E38 with 12619078 OS, the old injectors are 12569113 36lb.

B4001 injector flow rate has a max setting of 63lb in this OS.

In the past we have used multipliers but this is an A6 with a supercharger so really need to make sure I get things set up correct for calculated torque and have a VVE table that’s not to high or low as I don’t wont to help speed up the transmissions demise!!

Any input from tried and tested settings would be much appreciated.

You'll need to scale the tune to make it work properly. This means scaling the injector flow, MAF, VVE tables, everything with any for of grams in it and the torque. Scaling the torques on the trans cal is the key that a lot of people miss. The estimated torque value that the ECM passes on to the PCM is largely based on the airmass (g/cyl), so if you've scaled airflow you have by definition scaled the torque. This means that when the TCM thinks the engine is making 200Nm of torque on a 50% scaled tune, the engine is really making 400Nm. You need to make sure that the pressure settings in the TCM reflect the pressure necessary to deal with the ACTUAL torque when it's looking up the scaled value. If you do this, it will go a long way toward preventing trans failures due to improper line pressure selection and slippage.
    ~Greg
    Calibrated Success - EFI Training and Tuning Done Right
    GM Beginner's Guide DVD available now through Summit!
    Engine Management: Advanced Tuning - Amazon's best deal for the EFI crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by eficalibrator View Post
    You need to make sure that the pressure settings in the TCM reflect the pressure necessary to deal with the ACTUAL torque when it's looking up the scaled value. If you do this, it will go a long way toward preventing trans failures due to improper line pressure selection and slippage.
    How do I go about increasing the non shift line pressure on a T43 trans controller with a 24249179 OS? I know how to change shift line pressure vs torque but not the line pressure when just driving, I can’t find a table for that or is it the same? My understanding was that it was only “shit line pressure” that can be changed and not driving line pressure?

There doesn't seem to be any in-gear (non-shift) pressure table(s) in any of the calibration files (PCM and TCM included).