Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: EFI Connection Fully Modular Programming System - Coming Soon

Default EFI Connection Fully Modular Programming System - Coming Soon

Here's a sneak peek at something we've been working on. The first prototype was completed and tested today. Below is the switch assembly portion of the new benchtop programming harness system.

What is it?
    Very simply, it's a new benchtop programming solution. The upcoming switch assembly will replace our current programming switch assembly (below). The plastic project box solution has been great, but I thought some improvements were about due.

How does it work?
    The new switch assembly will be one fully modular box with connections for 12V DC input, OBDII cable, and ECU extension harness. The illuminated rocker switch will apply ignition power to the ECU extension header while illuminating red to indicate ignition power. There is a replaceable mini fuse on the side (shown above with a red 10 amp fuse).

Mark has done most of the work on this, but I insisted that we use both a Delphi OBDII diagnostic connector on the board and a Delphi Micro-Pack 100 header (which is soldered to the circuit board) for ECU extensions. The Micro-Pack 100 series is the same connection system as is used with the TBI/TPI ECMs of the 80s and 90s. Micro-Pack 100 series connections are common in the newest vehicles today, but for interior modules.

Supported Vehicles
    Any 1996 and newer GM, Chrysler, Ford, Honda, etc. The OBDII diagnostic connector will pass through to the ECU extension header for all current OBDII protocols. In addition, 1994-1995 OBDI LT1 PCMs will be supported. It should go without saying...not all protocols and ECUs (Honda, Ford, etc) can be reflashed with EFILive.

What's left before production?
    We're going to make a few minor adjustments to the board and then design a custom billet aluminum CNC enclosure. The enclosure will be anodized black. The top will be milled with our logo and labels for the connections ("ECU", "OBDII", "Ignition Switch", etc).

What's it going to cost?
    Not yet sure about the final cost of the aluminum enclosure, but the price is expected to be under $100 for the switch assembly with included AC to DC regulated 12v power supply. All ECU extensions will be available at http://www.eficonnection.com/eficonn...ogramming.aspx.
    Last edited by S10Wildside; March 26th, 2011 at 05:54 AM.
    24x LS1 PCM on Early Small-Block Chevy and LT1/LT4
    http://www.eficonnection.com

So...... I have to ask..... when the hell do you find time to sleep with all the is going on in your shop?????????
    Lookin good, keep up the work!!!

Mike
    Current toys are as follows:
    1961 Chevrolet Corvair Monza, 145 H6/powerglide. 85 HP of raw fury.... slow and stock and staying that way!
    1969 GMC 2500, 4-53T Detroit diesel/Fuller 10 speed on late model 1500 HD frame
    1970 GMC 9500, 6-71 Detroit/Fuller 13 speed, not sure why I bought it, but it sure is noisy!!!
    1975 Ford F100 shortbed. Currently undergoing Crown Vic subframe swap and EFI 4.6!!!
    1975 Chevrolet Vega, 5.3/200-4R may finish someday, maybe...

Looks very good, high quality

LOL sleep is underrated...

I was hoping that the assembly would take less time to put together than the current switch assembly. I was wrong, but the quality is much better...not having the diagnostic connector hanging outside of the box, no wires to fatigue, aluminum enclosure, etc. Mark made some revisions to shrink the board by about 1/3. I think the enclosure design may happen as soon as next week.

Now Mike, I know the wheels are always turning in your head, too. And that typically means less sleep.

Here's a pre-production view. The board is much smaller and the arrangement is better than the first prototype.

Quote Originally Posted by S10Wildside View Post
    Here's a pre-production view. The board is much smaller and the arrangement is better than the first prototype.

Nice...
    2008 2WD Ext.Cab Silverado 1500 6.0 V-MAX E38(L76) & T42(4L70E) MAF Only CL Corvette Servo AFE CAI INNOVATIVE LM-2 WBO2

FLASHSCAN V2 & AUTOCAL

That's very nice and compact.

Lifetime Member

I like it........except that I like the current hard wired power supply. Is there some sort of locking plug ??

Quote Originally Posted by L31Sleeper View Post
    I like it........except that I like the current hard wired power supply. Is there some sort of locking plug ??
    There will be two versions; one with AC to DC and the other with 18ga unterminated leads to hook up to your own power supply or battery.

Lifetime Member

Could the power supply wires be soldered directly to the board ??

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast