Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: EFI Connection Fully Modular Programming System - Coming Soon

Quote Originally Posted by L31Sleeper View Post
    Could the power supply wires be soldered directly to the board ??
    They could, but it won't be offered that way. The intent here is a fully modular design. Making available an alternate version with wires on the board means a different housing with strain relief. Sorry, that won't be an option.
    24x LS1 PCM on Early Small-Block Chevy and LT1/LT4
    http://www.eficonnection.com

I went and checked out the 24x system, and holy crap, I'm in LOVE! That's awesome...now I just gotta get me one for my LT1 swap in my 57 Chevy.
    2007 Dodge 3500-QC/LB-5.9/auto-Goerend trans-EFILive-Hamilton cam/springs/rods

Quote Originally Posted by S10Wildside View Post
    They could, but it won't be offered that way. The intent here is a fully modular design. Making available an alternate version with wires on the board means a different housing with strain relief. Sorry, that won't be an option.
    If a guy was really that concerned that the plug is going to come out in the middle of programming, a quick zip tie around the unit would solve any concerns, kinda ghetto, but some people need that little bit of piece of mind to help them sleep at night!!!!

Mike
    Current toys are as follows:
    1961 Chevrolet Corvair Monza, 145 H6/powerglide. 85 HP of raw fury.... slow and stock and staying that way!
    1969 GMC 2500, 4-53T Detroit diesel/Fuller 10 speed on late model 1500 HD frame
    1970 GMC 9500, 6-71 Detroit/Fuller 13 speed, not sure why I bought it, but it sure is noisy!!!
    1975 Ford F100 shortbed. Currently undergoing Crown Vic subframe swap and EFI 4.6!!!
    1975 Chevrolet Vega, 5.3/200-4R may finish someday, maybe...

Quote Originally Posted by schwoch1 View Post
    If a guy was really that concerned that the plug is going to come out in the middle of programming, a quick zip tie around the unit would solve any concerns, kinda ghetto, but some people need that little bit of piece of mind to help them sleep at night!!!!

Mike
    Mike - I still like your benchtop programming solution! Can we get a pic in this thread?

Mike - I still like your benchtop programming solution! Can we get a pic in this thread?
    If anyone seen my solution, that would discredit me on this board more than I already may be!!! Plus I had to take it apart, needed a light switch for the daughters room the other day!!!
    When it is all ready to roll, put me down for one and a few pigtails..... than I can rid myself of my solution

Mike
    1961 Chevrolet Corvair Monza, 145 H6/powerglide. 85 HP of raw fury.... slow and stock and staying that way!
    1970 GMC 9500, 6-71 Detroit/Fuller 13 speed, not sure why I bought it, but it sure is noisy!!!
    1975 Ford F100 shortbed. Currently undergoing Crown Vic subframe swap and EFI 4.6!!!

Hey, the light switch is multitasking, you're getting good value out of it.

It's been awhile, but these are almost ready for production. The housings will be available within the next two weeks. Here's a view of the final prototype housing with an indication of the artwork to be milled.

The plan for the circuit boards has been to run them on a CNC mill. That machine has been on order since July and is still not available, so the first batch of circuit boards will be chemically etched. Not yet sure if we're going to outsource the circuit board production. From a longevity stantpoint, the etched and CNC'd circuitboards should never fail, so I suppose it comes down to cost of production.

It's been awhile, but these are almost ready for production. The housings will be available within the next two weeks. Here's a view of the final prototype housing with an indication of the artwork to be milled.

The plan for the circuit boards has been to run them on a CNC mill. That machine has been on order since July and is still not available, so the first batch of circuit boards will be chemically etched. Not yet sure if we're going to outsource the circuit board production. From a longevity stantpoint, the etched and CNC'd circuitboards should never fail, so I suppose it comes down to cost of production.
    Please put me down for the first one's to come off the press!!! Can't afford to keep buying them house light switches!!!

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by schwoch1 View Post
    Please put me down for the first one's to come off the press!!! Can't afford to keep buying them house light switches!!!

Mike
    You know, Mike...Lowes and Home Depot now sell some pretty fancy light switches.

You know, Mike...Lowes and Home Depot now sell some pretty fancy light switches.
    Yah, but the neato lights inside of them don't work on 12 volts........

Mike

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast