Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SEMRET Torque Reduction Spark Retard

Default SEMRET Torque Reduction Spark Retard

I put an 06 Z06 Road Course car up on the dyno to do a quick baseline and check A/F's. The car is pulling a bunch of timing with SEMRET. The curious thing is this car worked really well. It was tuned by the crew that built the engine a few years ago. The changes that have happened are a diff change, valve spring change and some mild cleanup in the ports (nothing real serious).

I have read alot of the threads regarding this however find nothing real conclusive to help. B2514 is maxed and B2517 is maxed in forward gears.

Attached are some recent logs.
    Jay_06_zo6_02.efiJay_06_zo6_03.efiJay_06_zo6.efiJay_06_zo6_04.efi

What could be causing this reduction? Is there hardware that could be malfunctioning and causing this?

Is it an auto??

It is a 6 spd manual as are all Z06 vettes.

Sorry mate, not many Vettes in Australia, well were we are. I had the same problem (semret pulling spark)with my car(but it was an auto) found that it was in the auto tune..
    Cheers Ian

This world has become so small with the Internet a person forgets a person could be on the other side of the world. And how different it may be there.

Out of curiosity what in the auto tune was causing it?

SEMRET "Torque Reduction Spark Retard"

I thought TR was for auto trans only... but, I don't know E38/T43 well enough.

Yep, I just zeroed all my torque reduction D1101,2101,3101 and 4101.and it fixed my problem.
    Cheers Ian

This is why I posted. If you can understand the source the problem can be fixed.
    Initially the car had a Reverse Inhibit code. The tech had pushed a pin out of the connector on the reverse lockout/solenoid. I fixed the connector and solved the code but it is still pulling timing. Coincidence or related. I would like to take it for a ride but a bit of a challenge with snow on the ground, not the best driving for a vet! Thoughts?

What is the history of the car/tune.Just thinking out of the square here. If some one has loaded the same os out of an auto into it?? Not sure how different they are as we dont have access to the whole tune. Like I said (thinking out of the square). Like Joe said I thought it was only an auto thing aswell.
    Ian

The strangest thing is it worked incredibly well. The drive shaft was changed (required removal of the trans), valve springs were changed and the ports received a mild cleanup (nothing that would require a tune even). The cal has not been touched. The only reason it was on the dyno was to do a quick pull and verify the A/F's to see if there was some more room in it. Maybe upsell a tune from it. During the first pull the car wouldn't rev, scanning revealed Reverse Inhibit Code. We found a broken pin on the reverse lockout solenoid. Fixing the pin eliminated the code. But the car still will not rev through a pull on the dyno. Attached is the cal in the car.

2006_Z06_Pull_cal_Play_File.tun

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast