Thread: F3-"switchable tunes" not working

Default F3-"switchable tunes" not working

I want to use the V2 to switch tunes on a dsp5 tune, which is loaded, full flash.

When I press F2 then F3, I get the message, "this option is not available for the currently selected module".

Can I get some gudance. Yes, I did use the tutorial. Thanks in advance.
    Michael, Systems Engineer 04.5 D-max LLY, Phoenix, Arizona Email
    Custom Tuning Services
    DURAMAX/CUMMINS ECM's TCM's for sale, all years, 20% wholesale discount available
    EFILive's first VGT "Software Wastegate Tune"

The following are the requirements:
    1. You need to have the A0146 set to 'Serial Data' to enable switching with V2.
    2. Before attempting to switch tunes you first need to select a PID list in the Scan Tool section for the LB7/LLY (whichever you have).
    3. After doing that it should work.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Thanks Andrew.
    Last edited by killerbee; March 28th, 2011 at 04:28 AM.
    Custom Tuning Services
    DURAMAX/CUMMINS ECM's TCM's for sale, all years, 20% wholesale discount available

Am able to view the default tune selections now, "stock, smoke, etc". But now when I select one, after I press "ok", I get the message "tune switching is not supported in the modules calibration". It is LB7, 02.

I have selected "serial" in A0146, and it full flashed in using the 7.5 tune tool. Is it necessary to flash it in using the v8 scan and tune utility?
    Last edited by killerbee; March 28th, 2011 at 04:55 AM.
    Custom Tuning Services

It is interesting also that in the 7.5 scan tool, I can no longer monitor dsp status. There is no switch installed, just the dsp5 os.

1 DSP5_TUNE_DMA DSP5 Tune (LB7-LLY) Unknown . Unknown Unknown Unknown GM.DSP5_TUNE_DMA Diesel
    Custom Tuning Services

Got it working, after saving and full flashing as a ctd file, and full flashing from the V8 tune tool. Learning curve stuff. But I don't remember seeing any of this in the tutorial.

Now I want to log in pass through mode, while using the V2 as a switch. Is this possible? Call me old fashioned, I like the strips.
    Custom Tuning Services

So far this exercise has been mute for me. I thought I could use the V2 as a switch while logging in passthrough. I guess I will have to install a switch, unless there is a way to toggle on the 7.5 scan tool. The display on the V2 has little benefit to someone trying to observe vehicle operation real time.
    Custom Tuning Services

While logging in pass-thru mode it is not possible (as you've found) to use the V2 as a switch (or any other stand-alone functionality). You would need to stop logging, disconnect the Scan session, perform the DSP switch on the V2, reconnect the Scan session and then resume logging. So, yeah installing a physical switch is going to be your best option really.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Quote Originally Posted by killerbee View Post
    Got it working, after saving and full flashing as a ctd file, and full flashing from the V8 tune tool. Learning curve stuff. But I don't remember seeing any of this in the tutorial.
    If those steps where necessary it would have been put in the tutorial, although, having said that, the tutorial is rather out dated as it was written when v7.5 was the primary tool for flashing.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Thank you for the feedback. It has been educational.

I now have another oddity. Background: LB7 DSP5 (thus all flashes are full flashes because of the dsp2-4 limits)

I am going to report this, but have no explanation for it. I have tweaked the main tune, so that shift defuels are perfect for my liking. B0741 and B1102 are key on this point, and operate just as the LLY tables do. BUT, all the dsp tunes are overdefueling, and each one appears to have the exact same defuel abnormality/disparity. The main tune works great, dsp1-4 overdefuel. I am reaching hard to find an explanation, but so far, nothing. Each tune is identical except for the throttle table and the 2 torque tables.

fyi, I do stop logging to toggle, it's gotten smoother.

I might also mention, I learned the hard way (it took four hours) that V8 does not full flash. Yes, there is warning, but then it flashes anyway, so I dismissed it. With the LB7, this is an important issue (dsp2-4 got real confusing), so just a suggestion that the reflash be inhibited when full flash is selected.
    Custom Tuning Services