Thread: New to efi live, can't make scanner... Scan?

Default New to efi live, can't make scanner... Scan?

Just recieved a brand new v1 scan tool in the mail yesterday. But I can't make it scan.

Anyway, I downloaded efi live and it's drivers, plugged it in, set up the scanners serial number and key, typed in my vin, and hit connect to vehicle. but nothing happens. It also says would you like to register this scanner, and I keep registering over and over but nothing happens, to my understaning it only needs to be registered for flashing, but I want to figure that out. I've double checked and everything I typed was right.

When I check emissions status, nothing. I go to info, properties, advanced, check clear all dtc's, nothing.

I'm sorry for the long winded questions, it's just frustrating and I'm sure it's something simple I'm missing...

Did you click the green connect button (in upper left of scantool window)...?

Also, check the cigar lighter fuse.

Post a screenshot of the scantool and also of the Registration subwindow.

Yes sir I hit the connect button. It acts like it's working but things most functions aren't highlighted. I.e. I can't click on them.

I will go check my fuses but none were blown last week. Also I don't have a way of posting pictures but if you do email I can shoot you the pics

How to attach files:

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Go Advanced -> Manage Attachments -> Add Files -> Select Files,

select the file(s) you want to upload, Open,

Upload Files -> Done

Does FlashScan boot (LEDs flash) when connected to OBDII power only? If not then check the cigarette lighter fuse like Joe suggests.

I trust your vehicle is either running or key turned to accessory position when trying to connect? When you perform the device connection and the selected vehicle cannot found a connection FlashScan Only will be made. This will explain why you have some options enabled but most still unavailable.

I assume the vehicle you're trying to connect to is a 98 LS1 TA, but just to make sure? If so you should be selecting the 1997/1998 LS1A controller option.

You do need to register the EFILive software by entering the details from the Blue Registration card into the 'Help->Register EFILive' menu option in the Scan Tool.

Cheers,
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew