Thread: Flashed RR and ECM won't boot

Default Flashed RR and ECM won't boot

I am having fits with this, I am seeing on the non RR PCM's and RR PCM's.

But if I flash my RR with a cal, at first it worked fine, then I flashed to another, and now the PCM won't boot up.

I am having similar problems trying to fix someone's PCM using a bench flash programmer and soldering the part back on the board.

I have a couple PCM's now that won't boot, they were flashed with a corrupted .bin I think, so I pulled the flash and reflashed with what was given as good code (Ross sent to me), and still it won't boot.

So I pulled my 03 truck PCM off the shelf that is modded for my RR, and tried it with 03 LM7 code, and worked fine. Then I tried to change to 03 Av 2500 code, and now it won't boot the PCM, so I went back to the code that did work before, and it won't boot either.

I tried on my 0411 PCM, never got it work on that either.

I am quite confused why I have this much problem. I have used many different OS's on my RR in my 3800 L67 (varying years from 2000 to 2005).

Anyone have ideas? I saw a reference that Jesse said that the PCM can get in an infinite reset loop, but I can't find out what it is or how to interrupt it, and how to determine IF that is what is going on.

Thanks!
    I owned a Ford once, ONCE.......

I had a somewhat similar experience with an RR that would not reboot and I could not perform a hard reset.
    It did not have the battery soldered to the board so I was able to remove/reinstall it and after that it would boot/reset.

When it was in this "dead state" I could flash/read it but it would not run the engine or power up the fuel pump. (fbody)

I also had one that with a bad battery that was soldered in and I had to full flash it before it would work.
    This was needed within 1-2 after turning off the engine or I had to full flash it again.
    Moates had to fix that one for me.
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

Any chance anyone with a RR has a .bin that they know beyond the shadow of a doubt works that I can flash in with EmUtility?

Is there anything you need to do when you change OS's? Some sort of reset? I read up on some resets on Moates, but no help with those.

2.92v on the battery

Thanks!
    Last edited by N0DIH; April 4th, 2011 at 07:20 AM.

Ok, found the problem. It isn't the RR, is is Tunercat, it has a bug that is inserting 1 byte of 00 in the .bin. So if I use EmUtility I am good to go....

NOW I am making progress!!!!