Thread: problems with V2 after doing new update

Default problems with V2 after doing new update

The last update I did was probably a little over a year ago. After doing the new updates and installing the bootblock and firmware, I get a $0311 Error on the V2, so I thought I needed to reconfigure the files and now it won't do anything. Any suggestions on fixing the problem?
    06 GMC 2500 CCSB SLT LBZ 4X4

These views expressed on this post are not my own, but rather randomly generated computer gibberish, and in no way should be used to judge the author's IQ or mental health.

Lifetime Member

We could probably do a lot better at helping if you gave us some idea of how you see the problem appear. Also what are the firmware and boot block version in the V2, From the tune tool Choose Help=>Autocal and V2 VIN licensing and what is the version of the Tune tool, Help=>About.

Boot block should be 2.07.01, the firmware should be 2.07.09 and the tune tool should likely be 7.5.6 build 157.

If you're much different than that, it likely won't work.

Ira

Sorry I was pretty irritated last night. I always have trouble doing updates when it gets to this point.
    Yes I updated to the 2.07.01, 2.07.09, and 7.5.6 build 157. I was getting the $0311 when I plugged the V2 into the vehicle and try to log after just doing the updates. Then I tried to config the V2 now I get $0185 when trying to select the pids.

I should be able to set up the V2 with the Scan and tune right we don't need to use the Explorer? I'm guessing the problem is in my Options.txt since it still shows the LBZ as the LBZ not the E35A that it should of switched to.

Options.txt

Thanks

These views expressed on this post are not my own, but rather randomly generated computer gibberish, and in no way should be used to judge the author's IQ or mental health.

Well it works ok now. Not real sure how I fixed it but it works for now.

The only question I have at this point is how do I get other controllers in my Options file? I have deleted everything but the diesel ones since thats all I really use, but would like to add a few other just in case.

Lifetime Member

Connect your V2 to your computer. Open V8 Scan & Tune … then select the BBX (F5) tab … then select the Tune (F3) tab … will see a red “Program” button at the bottom of the screen - there is a small arrow on the right edge of this button … if your click on this arrow, 3 sub-options will appear - choose the “Program All Required Data” option. This should program all controllers into the V2.

Repeat the process for the Scan (F2) tab - if you wish to program the V2 with all of the available PIDs.

Hope this answers your actual question … my apologies if I misunderstood the end result you were after.

Regards,
    Taz

That is what I was looking for thank you

You have to do what Taz said each time you update V2 firmware.

Why is that to do any updates to the Options file?

When you do a V8 software update it will typically include an updated firmware and updated scripts/bootloaders. The firmware and script versions have a codependency (for instance a script calls a function that has to exist in the firmware). The firmware will typically be updated as a balloon will pop-up telling you there is an update. By clicking the 'Program' button the scripts from the current install will be copied down to the device as well.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew