Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EMU - EFILive Melbourne Users

Default EMU - EFILive Melbourne Users

Hi All,
    I thought I might post up about a little event we hosted here in Melbourne yesterday.

Over the past few months a few people have asked me about EFILive and tuning. Many are guys that I know through the LS1.com.au forum and have decided to try their hand at tuning their own cars. I may have put my foot in it to some degree and mentioned that if the went with EFILive, I could help out.... So as the numbers grew, I though we should all get together and have a "Tuning Day".

I'm not sure how often this sort of thing occurs, I know that I've never really heard of one in Australia so we may be the first. We have set up an "EFILive User Group", where users of the EFILive product can get together and talk face to face. The idea was to extend the help given on this forum to live demonstrations and practical examples.

So for the first meeting, we had 7 guys meet up, the furthest traveling close on 400Km (250Ml). I was helped greatly by Luis from APS (based in Frankston), so a big thank-you to Luis as well as the guys that turned up to make it such a great day. Also I must thank my wife who decided to make chocolate fudge cookies and mini pizza's for us!

So, what was it like? On the technical side, we had all participants bring along their tuning laptops. We hooked these up to a small network I set up so that we could do screen sharing and people could watch my screen as topics were discussed. Luis went through some LS1 basics and I did some E38 stuff. After a bit of discussion on logging, PID selections, tuning techniques, LS1 and E38 controllers, ( close on 4 hours worth ) we headed outside and Luis did some idle tuning on one the cars to fix up a few little issues as a practical example.

After close on 6.5 hrs we called it a day (only because I had my sister in laws 40th part to go to ) and people headed home. For a first session, I think all would agree that we had a great day and all want to make it a regular event. In the future we plan to have people submit questions so we can cover specific topics that people are working on.

Simon.

It was a great day and cannot wait for the next one. Very informative and a rare opportunity to discuss different tuning topics aswell as how to go about it

Thanks to all those who got involved

Cheers,

Millsy

Quote Originally Posted by swingtan View Post
    Also I must thank my wife who decided to make chocolate fudge cookies and mini pizza's for us!
    I forgot to thank your wife and kids Simon

The cookies and pizza's were awesome.

Thanks again and can't wait until our next meeting

Ben

Simon, sounds like it was a lot of fun

Very good, I am catching up with Luis on Tuesday, so I'll get to hear all about it.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Can you send me an invite to the next one, we can have a play around with my roadrunner for something different.

I think in all fairness that the next session should be done here in Alice. It would be central to everyone then lol.
    Seriously though that was a great idea Simon. Face to face is a much better method of teaching & learning than a few posts on the internet or via email.
    The Tremor at AIR

Quote Originally Posted by 5.7ute View Post
    I think in all fairness that the next session should be done here in Alice. It would be central to everyone then lol.
    Seriously though that was a great idea Simon. Face to face is a much better method of teaching & learning than a few posts on the internet or via email.
    And it should be in June, lol...

If it was held in Alice, it would be EAU, not EMU.......

So when are you in Melbourne joecar? Maybe we can arrange a meeting for that time.

Planning around the various commitments we have, looks like we'll be there in June... I'll get you a more precise date soon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast