Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: lq9 engine transplant

still trying for a case relearn, got me beat, 14 hrs of mucking around and the best i can get is a red header bar on the dvt screen saying transmission in gear. i think im done with this already

Lifetime Member

14 hours ... that's when the old man tends to break something !!

OK ... looked at your tune file in the other thread ... displays as a 2003 OS with an LQ9 engine and a 4L60 (A4) transmission. I had thought you swapped in manual transmission calibration and diagnostic segments - but it does not appear so.

If you are using an A4 configuration the PCM will look for input from the gear position / park-neutral switch(s) mounted on the A4 transmission - to determine transmission gear position / selection. If you are getting a message stating the transmission is in gear, this will prevent the CASE from executing.

Grounding C1 pin 32 and C1 pin 34 should mimic the "Park" signal sent to the PCM by transmission mounted switch(s).

Regards,
    Taz

that sounds good, looked for the pinouts on the diag but shows switch with 5 ground circuits but no reference to which switch is PRND on the switch. whats me chances of getting someone to do a segment swap on that tune file i posted ?. if it cost $ to do so i'd be more than happy to share some $. its been a challenge doing this project but the patience is pushing the cap pressure a couple of psi over the rated blow off point. (especially when i paid over $4k to have it done in the first place)( had me little vent, feel better already haha)
    cheers

Lifetime Member

I didn't have 2003 tune files that were compatible ... attached is a 2004 LQ9 Escalade tune with manual segments swapped into the tune.

I have never used this tune - and as such is unproven.

Regards,
    Taz

Default One happy man

All done thanks Taz. that tune file certainly has done the trick, tomorrow i can get on with doing the fun part of tuning. Thanks heaps. For some reason i think the abuse management kicked in on the tune you posted while trying to perform the case relearn, so i upped the rpm range. Case relearn worked perfect after that. LTFT are high, But the engine only got 5-6 minutes of run time. Back into it tomorrow. Cheers ( for anyone needing the .tun file for the same application, start with the .tun file posted below in Taz's post OS12587603)
    Last edited by lq9nissan; July 9th, 2011 at 04:18 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123