Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: lq9 engine transplant

Question lq9 engine transplant

i have an lq9 engine sitting in an 1997 gu nissan patrol, operating system 12592618 eng cal 12591925 trans 12582837. pcm programmed by someone else. problem-programmed for auto trans, using nissan 5 speed manual g/box, is there a file available ??

Lifetime Member

Post the tune file up, you can make an LS1 PCM do pretty much whatever you want. Manual shouldnt be an issue, just need to setup the transmission segment properly.

What is the current problem? As in why does the auto tune work currently?
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

ive had quite few issues, just working through them, i will post tune file tomorrow. fans not config properly but rectified. engine low on power not rectified, no data from O2sensors. engine lurch on decel from wot back to about 40-50% throttle.

Lifetime Member

On the road for the day ... no access to tune files .... take a look at the attached thread beginning from post #30 ... LQ9 swap ... some of the information may be helpful to you. LQ4 and LQ9 tunes are very similar. If you would prefer a DBC setup, then you could use a 2002 or earlier LQ4 tune.

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.....3-Rockcrawler

Regards,
    Taz

file
    Attached Files Attached Files

just thought i'd load the setup, so you have an idea of whats going on.
    lq9 6ltr 2005-6 crate engine complete
    nissan patrol GU 1997 full body wagon 5 sp man fact a/c (2100kg)
    external cooling fan, twin 16" spal, dual relay single control (both on, on command) fed from ignition harness (another relay connected to pin 42)
    running gm maf, map, ect sensor, 24t rel, single t cam(rear mounted), dbw, all engine components std, front o2s only. Vss interface to allow adjustment, reverse light signal connected (? (need to check where they wired it to).

disconnected or not using - oem oil pressure sensor(running nissan for gauge)
    rear o2s, oil heater, mil light, tank level, tank pressure, coolant level, a/c only command from pcm to allow clutch engage,
    no clutch switch or brake switch connected (?).

so far got fans working, they were set for srs parll, set now to aux, corrected on/off, works good.
    changed idle circuit settings, prefer base idle 725rpm, (car has button clutch either on or off) challenging)
    copy/pasted all fuel, spark, VE files from 12587811 2006 lq9 silverado (holdencrazy standard tune file).
    have not had chance to drive as yet, will do tonight.
    efilive saying no data available for o2s?.

Lifetime Member

Sounds like a nice project you have on the go. There are a couple of areas you may want to revisit.

If you’re running a 2003+ DBW tune, then the O2 sensors must be the Isolated Ground variety (discussed in the thread linked in posted #4).

Without a brake switch connected to the PCM you may not be able to successful complete a CASE learn function.

Without a clutch switch you may (or may not) have problems with the rolling idle when the clutch pedal is depressed (not positive on this - tune mainly A4s).

I find even with a Hot Rod or custom vehicle, a MIL is very beneficial. Once you have your tune squared away, the MIL can alert you to a problem - just like in OEM produced vehicle.

It should be a nice ride when you’re done …

Regards,
    Taz

sounds good, i dont really see a reason why i cant connect brake/clutch switch, car was factory cruise so all switch's are there, what do think about transmission setup in the tun file ??.
    cheers for the advise and info, greatly appreciated.
    just checked info on O2s definatley got the 4 wire isolated ground installed
    Last edited by lq9nissan; April 4th, 2011 at 03:48 PM. Reason: add info

first log, ign timing ?? going down as revs go up, no knock retard logged
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast