Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help with TCM tuning on 2010 LMM code says doesnt support A50

Default Help with TCM tuning on 2010 LMM code says doesnt support A50

Im new to this efi live thing but so far the engine tuning has gone well. When i tried to load a tcm tune in my 2010 it said something about software not supported not really sure. Any help would be great thanks

A50 TCM tuning hasn't been released yet. i believe some time in 07 is when teh A50 came out, but the A40 is tuneable and some have swapped it in to be tuneable.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

Right now the A50 TCM is not supported. We will be releasing support for the A50 after we get the 2006/2007 5.9 Cummins product out.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Why does the A50 release have anything to do with a cummins release? Maybe I asked the wrong question? I have a 2010 Duramax with allison transmission and it says the transmission isnt supported?

The relationship between the A50 and Cummins support is simply that we have a finite number of hands (to use that analogy). Right now those hands are firmly placed on the Cummins release getting out the door. Once that is done those currently occupied hands are freed up and can attend to other things. A50 support is pretty much the first thing on the list trust me.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Quote Originally Posted by Tordne View Post
    The relationship between the A50 and Cummins support is simply that we have a finite number of hands (to use that analogy). Right now those hands are firmly placed on the Cummins release getting out the door. Once that is done those currently occupied hands are freed up and can attend to other things. A50 support is pretty much the first thing on the list trust me.
    I know the 5.9 product has been out for a little while now, so when is the expected release for the A50 supposed to be?

The Cummins product is not "out" yet, it is still in final beta testing phase. We expect it to be released in the next couple of weeks (all going to plan). Then we can start to look at some other outstanding activities. So at this stage I still can't give an indicative time sorry.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Lifetime Member

Bringing this one back up from the dead I understand the need to get the cummins stuff out since it's a revenue increaser and this is not since guys guys tuning trucks with these already have V2's. But wondering if these are even going to be tunable since I'm sportin a A40 out of my older truck but that ones soon going to be gone and would like to put my original A50 back in, if they are not going to be supported I will keep the A40 and send the old truck on its way with a new TCM
    04 LB7
    2010 LMM
    2015 LML

I got pretty close to completing the write bootloader for the A50 and then hit a really annoying problem that had me stumped for days, it's like 95% done, but I pushed it aside at the time through frustration and never got back to solving it. It's on the cards still, don't worry.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Ok thanks, keep up the hard work without you guys GM would suck like all the other mfg's and I would be driving around bored with nothing to do
    04 LB7
    2010 LMM
    2015 LML

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast