Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: COS 5 Help Needed Here...Please

Default COS 5 Help Needed Here...Please

Hello,
    I am running a P1SC Procharger on my 99 T/A with COS 5 SD. The car runs 7-8# of boost, using a 2 Bar MAP, 60# Motron injectors, P&P 243 heads, LS6 intake, TR 224-112 cam and the MAF is disabled.
    Since I logged the attached data, I have fixed the high ECT problem (wiring instructions included with Procharger fan had polarity reversed).
    The main issues I have are:

- When coasting, the car acts like the cruise control is set at 35-40 mph and after you come to a stop the car idles at ~1200rpm for a few seconds before it drops to 900rpm, which is still higher than the target 750-800 it is set to.
    This is annoying and I have no idea where to start.

- While coasting, my AFR goes to ~ 12:1. When I give it any throttle, it will get back to 14:1 to 14.6:1.
    DFCO? I did log a couple of idle pids for airflow. I hope they help.

- Before the supercharger, I had a very good N/A tune done with CALC.VE. I used AUTOVE to get to this point with the supercharger.
    I feel nervous to smooth the main and boost VE tables very much. I could really use a little guidance. WOT above 105kpa, my AFR drops to ~ 9.2:1 and timing is retarded to 13*. I would guess ECT is affecting these to some level.

Anyway, I am new to FI SD tuning and any help would really be appreciated.

Thank you
    Attached Files Attached Files
    1999 Trans Am - P&P LS6 Heads - TR224-112 - Procharger P1SC - Performabuilt Lvl 2 4L60E w/ 2800 Billet Stall - 9" Inch w/ 3.70s - LS6 Intake - Mac Mids - ORY - Gibson Catback - Suspension, Drag Radials, A bunch of Other Stuff

Lifetime Member

Check out this file. B0120 was set at stock, that won't work with a SD tune.
    What type/brand of WBO2 are you using, digital or analog ?

-Justin

Thank you for the reply.
    I am using an analog NGK AFX. I will check out your file.
    Thank you again
    1999 Trans Am - P&P LS6 Heads - TR224-112 - Procharger P1SC - Performabuilt Lvl 2 4L60E w/ 2800 Billet Stall - 9" Inch w/ 3.70s - LS6 Intake - Mac Mids - ORY - Gibson Catback - Suspension, Drag Radials, A bunch of Other Stuff

Here is a file i've made a few changes for you.

also need some more information to calc your injector flow rate ( yours looks off a bit)
    what is your fuel pressure and is it static or rising rate ?
    Adding the CAX file so you can lower the minimum transient pulse width may also help with rich decel/idle mixtures

Your high idle and cruise control effect will be comming from your cam, you will need to log your RAFIG and apply your results to your RAFIG table and also check your IAC counts are around 40-60 at idle.

Get you IFR table were it should be , then work on your VE and then Boost VE tables.

I also prefer to have close to NA timing tables, and use the Boost timing table to remove timing when in boost.
    you have yours zerrowed out and are pulling timing from the main spark tables reducing timing and therfore power before you enter boost.
    Back yard boost
    347+ T76 = 770 rwhp 10.96 @ 135 mph

Quote Originally Posted by johnv View Post
    Here is a file i've made a few changes for you.

also need some more information to calc your injector flow rate ( yours looks off a bit)
    what is your fuel pressure and is it static or rising rate ?
    Adding the CAX file so you can lower the minimum transient pulse width may also help with rich decel/idle mixtures

Your high idle and cruise control effect will be comming from your cam, you will need to log your RAFIG and apply your results to your RAFIG table and also check your IAC counts are around 40-60 at idle.

Get you IFR table were it should be , then work on your VE and then Boost VE tables.

I also prefer to have close to NA timing tables, and use the Boost timing table to remove timing when in boost.
    you have yours zerrowed out and are pulling timing from the main spark tables reducing timing and therfore power before you enter boost.
    Thanks for the help. I will get started on the changes on friday.
    I will post up Friday afternoon.

Thanks again!

Is your fuel pressure static ? pressure 58 psi ?

Just so i can check your IFR table figures.
    Back yard boost

[QUOTE=johnv;142265]Is your fuel pressure static ? pressure 58 psi ?

Just so i can check your IFR table figures.[/QUOTE

Sorry. I run a Racetronix pump that is 70psi @ idle and about 60-62psi @ WOT

here you go new IFR table values, so your VE table will be off and need reworking.
    Back yard boost

johnv,

I searched around but, I am not really sure what "Adding the CAX file so you can lower the minimum transient pulse width may also help with rich decel/idle mixtures" means.

Can you give me a little info on that?

Thank you

Back yard boost

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast