Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: COS 5 Help Needed Here...Please

Nah... it's just confusing at times.

Quote Originally Posted by johnv View Post
    RE the trans,
    I would put some torque reduction back in on your 1-2 shift (DO801),
    and maybe lower the shift RPM on the 1-2 shift (DO940) to give the trans more time to complete the shift.

can you post your std tune file so we can compare and see what you've done.
    Yes. Tune 009 is the starting point. Tune 010 has a few changes to the VE tables.

Also, thank you for the feedback on the trans issue. Are you referencing the D1108, D1109 and D1110 tables?

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files
    1999 Trans Am - P&P LS6 Heads - TR224-112 - Procharger P1SC - Performabuilt Lvl 2 4L60E w/ 2800 Billet Stall - 9" Inch w/ 3.70s - LS6 Intake - Mac Mids - ORY - Gibson Catback - Suspension, Drag Radials, A bunch of Other Stuff

Starting to get there, not tracking to bad out of boost, but still very rich over 115kpa (2 psi boost)

I've taken some fuel out of boost VE table and made a few changes to trans in attached file.

Can you log "idle air control position"

Do you have the std factory tune file ? Flash it in (calibration only)and read it, save the tune (this will save it as a COS so we can compare all the changes that have been made)
    Then go back to your current tune file.
    Back yard boost
    347+ T76 = 770 rwhp 10.96 @ 135 mph

Starting to get there, not tracking to bad out of boost, but still very rich over 115kpa (2 psi boost)

I've taken some fuel out of boost VE table and made a few changes to trans in attached file.

Can you log "idle air control position"

Do you have the std factory tune file ? Flash it in (calibration only)and read it, save the tune (this will save it as a COS so we can compare all the changes that have been made)
    Then go back to your current tune file.
    Here is a log based on your last file. I also dropped the VSS and RPM shift points but it is still shifting at too high of an RPM. Seemed better but still too high. The WOT AFR above 105kpa is better.
    Also, I logged the IAC steps. I was messing with the steps in the first 3000 frames so, don't mind those.

Also note that the tune name has changed.

Thanks for the help
    1999 Trans Am - P&P LS6 Heads - TR224-112 - Procharger P1SC - Performabuilt Lvl 2 4L60E w/ 2800 Billet Stall - 9" Inch w/ 3.70s - LS6 Intake - Mac Mids - ORY - Gibson Catback - Suspension, Drag Radials, A bunch of Other Stuff

give this a go
    Back yard boost

give this a go
    I will load it up tomorrow. Thanks for the help. Should I enable LTFT after this? I think my VE is getting pretty close.
    Also, should I lower my IAC counts vs tq?
    The car pulls pretty hard. I found a few areas that are pulling timing. Should I go back to a N/A type timing table and use boost timing to reduce?

Thank you
    Robert

give this a go
    Also, it appears that my speedo calibrations were off. I reloaded EFI Live to Windows 7 and looks like tire size etc were wrong after new OS.

johnv,

Log based on your last tune file.
    Running pretty good. Idle still pushing a little and shift RPMs still a bit high. I can work on those.
    WOT AFR getting pretty close. My timing is still retarding to 13* at WOT. What do you suggest to straighten up the timing? My target is 17* at WOT.

Tune001 and log included

Thank you for the help!

I would leave trims disabled for now , and work some more on your VE tables.
    still running rich at higher boost levels and going rich on decelleration (did you load CAX file) if so reduce "minimum transient pulse width" to same as "minimum injector pulse width" in tune.

Get the fueling as close as possible first, then start playing with timing.
    And yes, I like to use close to NA timing tables then use Boost timing table to pull timing down to safe level during boost.
    Back yard boost

Well, WOT AFR is looking better and spark is getting closer. Can someone post the proper cax file minimum injector pulse width for COS 5 again? I can't for the life of me seem to get the cax file to work. I am lost on this.
    I lowered minimum pulse width on Tune 3 vs Tune 2 and lowered IAC steps. Idle is a bit better.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast