Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PCM lifespan?

Quote Originally Posted by L31Sleeper View Post
    If this guy was a GM engineer he probably kept a copy for himself.
    That's what I was thinking too. But, who in their right mind would use a TechII, that thing is slow as molasses, on the E38 it's about 18 minutes to program it!!
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

The software I have seen that GM uses was nothing like EFI Live it was all done using code, why would you spend hours in code and pulling the pcm all the time vs just using EFI Live? Also how are they data logging, with a tech II?

I wonder if the tuner actually has the proprietary tools to program/customize the actual OS, in addition to modifying the calibration tables/params? Without hearing more, I cannot speculate as to why someone would choose to develop a calibration this way.

Mr. P.
    2003 Silverado SS, with Novi-1500 "CAI mod"
    EFILive V 7.5 COS-3 (OLSD, for now!)

I have been following this on the vette forum,Now that I'm thinking,Are you or the tuner sure its a 1514 code and not a 1516 or 1518 code? The only reason I ask is I was getting a 1518 code and it has to do with the TAC module and my car would go into reduced power mode once in awhile on start up,Long story short,My TAC module is fine, It had something to do with my TB and a table in the red folder in EFILive(ETC table's).I posted all over EFILive and got no answer's,No offense anybody But I figured it out myself and everything is fine now.Just a thought...........Paul

Paul, I saw your posts regarding B2713, I'm sorry I do not know the answer.

Lifetime Member

I also saw your post and did not have an answer, I have never modified those tables in
    any of my tunes. I don't see how they would cause you a problem unless you changed
    them to begin with ??

-Justin

One thing I learned from experience, NEVER update your PCM's OS. Keep the OS orginal. Doing that will affect a lot electrical problems on your vehicle including a bad pcm from what you experience. Lesson learn...
    2002 4.2L I6 Trailblazer LTZ

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by goldbergv95 View Post
    One thing I learned from experience, NEVER update your PCM's OS. Keep the OS orginal. Doing that will affect a lot electrical problems on your vehicle including a bad pcm from what you experience. Lesson learn...
    Only for the P10s....LS1s are just fine updating OSs, pretty much everyone on here with a 99-02 LS1 PCM is running an 02 OS...
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123