Hi all, first post here and hopefully some of you can help me out.

I'm at the planning stages of converting my '02 1500HD 6.0L 4l80E 4x4 from gas to a full mechanical injected Diesel.

I have pretty much everything figured out except a few details on how to control the 4L80E with the existing ECM/PCM. I'm not really interested in using an aftermarket standalone controller for the trans as the GM unit is much more programmable.

I have plans to transfer the original TPS, and ESS, over to the diesel for trans input as well as maintaining the original gauges.

I have few questions that hopefully someone can answer before i go ahead and purchase software.

- Can engine operation ie, injector duty, air-mass sensor, o2, etc be disabled while maintaining transmission function? I would like to avoid a dash full of lights and prevent any codes from affecting transmission operation.

- Is there a different method to control the line pressure on a 4L80E? I believe commanded pressure is a function of manifold pressure vs delivered torque. As I understand it, delivered torque is calculated from air-mass. The problem is that Diesel air-mass and MAP is not regulated like a gasser so air-mass rates are much higher at idle/part throttle which could/would result in high pressures all the time.

hopefully someone has some experience or input???

Thanks
Chris