Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Problem with my Head/Cam 98 LS1 camaro - files attached

Here is my new tune file with the VE and MAF table data applied from the last CALC VNET log (filtered).

I am going to a local 1/4 mile track tonight to test out the new tune and get logs.

Also need to figure out why its shifting a little early based on my commanded shift points. Almost like its shifting with the tach (which is 300rpm higher) than the RPM PID.

So once this tune is uploaded, could I adjust B3618 to fine tune my WOT lambda/AFR?
    Attached Files Attached Files

I removed the LEAN/RICH etc table from the last version. After looking at it today it wasn't accurate and confusing.

I'm trying to figure out how to calculate EQ Ratio and add it to help me tune tables like B3618, and will add that as another table in this chart.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Lifetime Member

Took a quick look at your tune. I like to "zero out' the Low Pressure Adjust (D1101, D1102, D1103) to prevent the PCM from reducing trans pressure during an upshift. This also helps with tuning a consistent shift "feel". Your D1103 (3>4) already has only zero values. D1101 (1>2) and D1102 (2>3) do not.

Regards,
    Taz

Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    Took a quick look at your tune. I like to "zero out' the Low Pressure Adjust (D1101, D1102, D1103) to prevent the PCM from reducing trans pressure during an upshift. This also helps with tuning a consistent shift "feel". Your D1103 (3>4) already has only zero values. D1101 (1>2) and D1102 (2>3) do not.

Regards,
    Taz
    So you do this on a built 4l60e? It shifts super hard 1 > 2, and 2>3 feels a little soft to me. Especially when making a pass at the track. ( TCI Super Street FIghter 4l60)

So If I apply those values to the 2 >3 maybe it will shift more solid to to speak? I can apply to 1 >2 as well but it already shifts really hard now ( 1 > 2).

I always race or make WOT runs in D, and hardly ever make WOT runs when it whould shift 3 >4. But obviously I daily drive in OD so I see how that would come into play.

Now I think of it, I dont think I can shift my tranny into OD when WOT. first 1/4 mile pass I made with 4:10s' I tried to bump in OD around 1200' but it wouldnt do it.
    Last edited by blackflag; May 6th, 2011 at 05:11 AM.

Lifetime Member

Zeroing out those parameters prevents the PCM from reducing the shift pressure that you selected. The idea is shift feel consistency, not necessarily "super hard" shifts. As an example, when operating your car on the street sometimes it may shift just the you wanted (or programmed), other times it may seem a little "off".

So whether its a daily driver, tow vehicle, or competition vehicle I will "zero out" the PCM ability to reduce shift pressure - and then tune shift "feel".

I leave the high pressure adjust (PCM added pressure) active.

Hopefully that makes sense ...

Regards,
    Taz

Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    Zeroing out those parameters prevents the PCM from reducing the shift pressure that you selected. The idea is shift feel consistency, not necessarily "super hard" shifts. As an example, when operating your car on the street sometimes it may shift just the you wanted (or programmed), other times it may seem a little "off".

So whether its a daily driver, tow vehicle, or competition vehicle I will "zero out" the PCM ability to reduce shift pressure - and then tune shift "feel".

I leave the high pressure adjust (PCM added pressure) active.

Hopefully that makes sense ...

Regards,
    Taz
    Makes total sense now man. I dont want the trans to drop pressure on shifts.

What about D0704. 1 >2 Temp pressure adjust table. When the transmission has more heat in it, do you think this one also modifies the shift pressure too?

Other than this, my focus is to make sure the car is shifting at the right RPM, and not getting up on the limiter in 2 >3. On motor it seems to be doing well right now, just shifting a little lower than the shift RPM I have set.
    My car blows through the convertor more so I really need to make sure my 2 >3 is right. (Since I had a problem with this 2 >3 shift once on nitrous, which lead me to buy EFILive.)

Video here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUDHKXt8ylY
    Last edited by blackflag; May 6th, 2011 at 05:57 AM.

Lifetime Member

I leave the Temperature Press Adjust active. At "normal" operating temperatures the PCM will not make any changes to trans pressure (OEM value is zero). When the transmission gets hot / overheating - the PCM will add pressure in an attempt to keep the trans alive. Winters here are cold - so I also leave the low temperature OEM function active (which reduces trans pressure below 46 F - to prevent parts breakage / excessive wear during the first few minutes the vehicle is driven in cold weather.

Regards,
    Taz

R.I.P Shawn, 1956-2011 WeathermanShawn's Avatar

BlackFlag:

You can adjust B3618 to the EQ you want. I would not go leaner than 1.12 EQ.

You can tweak B5001 as much as you want. I normally try to get it about -1 -2% BENS. You do not want any +BENS or your WOT fueling will be adversely affected.

Normally I smooth the VE Table manually or use strict filtering. When we blend a logged VE Table into an old one, there are spikes and holes that are unacceptable. So it is the one time I use the smoothing tool(s). Then it becomes easier to put new data into it.

1. Take 800 RPM Data (usually good)..copy to 400 Rpm. Deduct -10%.
    2. Hit the 'Smooth selected cells without decreasing min/max range'.
    3. Hit 'Smooth selected cells' once.

Your stock VE table was so far off..preferably you should manually blend it, but it takes some skill to do it and explain it..

The following attachment has been smoothed. Its a lot better to start there than your previous stock one.
    2002 Black Camaro Z-28 M6 Hardtop 11.0:1CR 425HP/410TQ SAE (400TQ@3500RPM)
    200cc Heads, 228/232 110+2 Cam, 1 3/4" LT's w/catts, GMMG, Koni Shocks, Hotchkis Springs, 35/21 Sways, 17" ZR1's, 3.90 Gears Roadrunner PCM LM-2 Serial Wideband
    EFILive Closed-Loop MAF/SD Hybrid Tune..

So in my VE table,

1. Take 800 RPM Data (usually good)..copy to 400 Rpm. Deduct -10%. (Copy the entire row of 800RPM and Copy to 400RPM row then deduct -10% from the 400 RPM rpw)
    2. Hit the 'Smooth selected cells without decreasing min/max range'. (Hit smooth selected cells while still highlighting the 400 RPM row?)
    3. Hit 'Smooth selected cells' once. ( On the 400 row, or the entire selected VE table?)

Finally, It was OK to paste the SELBENS to my MAF table from the good serial wideband right? (This has been done in tune 006)

I may play around a little with B316 at the track tonight based on logs, after the VE table is smoothed and new tune has been uploaded.

R.I.P Shawn, 1956-2011 WeathermanShawn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blackflag View Post
    So in my VE table,

1. Take 800 RPM Data (usually good)..copy to 400 Rpm. Deduct -10%. (Copy the entire row of 800RPM and Copy to 400RPM row then deduct -10% from the 400 RPM rpw)

Yes, exactly..

2. Hit the 'Smooth selected cells without decreasing min/max range'. (Hit smooth selected cells while still highlighting the 400 RPM row?)

The Entire VE Table

3. Hit 'Smooth selected cells' once. ( On the 400 row, or the entire selected VE table?)

The Entire VE Table

Finally, It was OK to paste the SELBENS to my MAF table from the good serial wideband right? (This has been done in tune 006)

Yes.

I may play around a little with B316 at the track tonight based on logs, after the VE table is smoothed and new tune has been uploaded.
    The Blending is hard to explain. If I can ever get my mind around how to do it or explain it better I will. My goal is to someday just take the corrected MAF flow and have a VE Table mathematically draw itself. But for now if you smooth it in the fashion I stated it should be a lot closer to reality. Try it..It should look similar to that screenshot if you do it right.
    2002 Black Camaro Z-28 M6 Hardtop 11.0:1CR 425HP/410TQ SAE (400TQ@3500RPM)
    200cc Heads, 228/232 110+2 Cam, 1 3/4" LT's w/catts, GMMG, Koni Shocks, Hotchkis Springs, 35/21 Sways, 17" ZR1's, 3.90 Gears Roadrunner PCM LM-2 Serial Wideband
    EFILive Closed-Loop MAF/SD Hybrid Tune..

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast