Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Problem with my Head/Cam 98 LS1 camaro - files attached

Quote Originally Posted by blackflag View Post

I'm trying to figure out how to calculate EQ Ratio and add it to help me tune tables like B3618, and will add that as another table in this chart.
    EQR = 1 / Lambda

Thanks Joe.

I added it in this version of the Conversion Chart..

I think all the math is right
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by WeathermanShawn View Post
    The Blending is hard to explain. If I can ever get my mind around how to do it or explain it better I will. My goal is to someday just take the corrected MAF flow and have a VE Table mathematically draw itself. But for now if you smooth it in the fashion I stated it should be a lot closer to reality. Try it..It should look similar to that screenshot if you do it right.
    I followed the directions and the tables look about the same. Image attached.

Saved in 007 .tun file. About to go upload and get ready to go to the track for some testing!! wooo thanks guys
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	smoothed VE Table.png 
Views:	169 
Size:	21.3 KB 
ID:	10724  

Well guys, I got to try out the motor tune last night that we made this week and the can ran good. 1.7 60' 7.8 and 12.3 @ 110. This is very close to what it was running on the orig tune.

I created new PIDS to log data for drag racing.

Here is the tune and log file for the first motor pass of the night.

So I went back to the pits and studied the Lambda logged from the pass above. Decided it was a little rich so I added a little fuel in the PE by RPM Table.

I was planning on making a motor only pass to log data. But I got paired up with a lsx trans-am from a local forum and I really wanted to beat him. I already had my bottle warmed up to temp (1050) and my progressive controller to come on at 3000 and go off at 5750.

SO what I did was leave on the bottle in 1st and reached down and cut it off in second about 500' out then ran the rest of the pass on motor.

Ran ran great and I beat him by about 5-6 cars. ( I went 12.01 and he went 12.50)

Tune and Log attached.

So 3rd pass off the night, I again got paired up with a huge cam'd TA and this time I figured I'd spray 100 the whole way down the track.

Bottle pressure was 1050, progressive controller set again 3000k to 5750 @ WOT. Single NX nozzle jetted for 100 shot. Ran this same spray setup 10-20 times with no problems on the origional tune. but I has always mixed in 5 gallons of 110 race gas.

This pass and the one before, I had my MSD timing twister pulling 4 degrees timing when the kit was activated.

I had tune 008 in the car.

Left off the line and the car went about 10 feet then started popping, backfiring, blowing flames, etc??? Now it sounds like a bent pushrod on #1 or other valve train damage.

I had videos for all three passes and will put them up sometime today.

But for now I have to pull the driver side valve cover and assess the damage from the ticking. Oil pressure is still good and I drove it home 45 miles.

I was also noticing in the other logs that the car was starting to detonate in 3rd gear for some reason.??

Maybe my MSD isn't pulling timing like it should?? I'm taking it off soon and will do all my timing retard mapping with EFILive so I can see whats going on.

Log attached of the nitrous pass gone wrong

Weird thing is, I made 20-30 bottle passes on the orig .tun with no problems. But I mixed in 5gal race gas. And that was before the MSD timing twister.

After the timing twister, I have just sprayed on race gas and pulled 2 degrees for every 50hp nitrous. Even sprayed 150 5-6 times on orig tune with a little race gas. Car never popped or had any problems. MSD box must not be pulling timing and its going way lean or something? I also have a FPSS that is set to 40 lbs to be *safe* lol

blackflag,

ouch, I hope its something simple like bent pushrod or broken rocker and nothing more serious.

you might consider swapping to the 0411 PCM (requires repinning the PCM connectors, swapping the fuel segment, and a few other things) and running the 2002 Camaro/Firebid file OS 12212156... this lets you easily upgrade to COS5 which has nitrous/boost fuel/timing tables.

The calibrations that run on the 0411 PCM have only a single VE table which makes tuning easier; and they have additional tables over the 1997/1998 LS1 calibrations.
    Last edited by joecar; May 7th, 2011 at 09:41 AM.

You're logging 26 pid channels which gives you only 5 updates/second instead of 10 updates/second.

Should log at fastest rate (10 updates/second for LS1), especially for racing/tuning.

Remove these pids: SHIFT23, SHIFT23ERR, SHIFTDELAY, LONGFTAV1, AFR.

Add these pids: SHIFTLAST, DYNCYLAIR.

That should bring channel count to 23.

Or if you don't need shift time, replace SHIFTLAST with DYNAIR, this brings channel count to 24.

First Pass: wideband EQR is good (sufficiently rich), but knock shows up with signature sawtooth pattern.

Second Pass: wideband EQR is lean, did PE not enable...? Knock shows up. Both of these makes it very bad.

Third Pass: wideband EQR suddenly drops lean by a large amount, seems to be before anything else happens, but I'm not sure (sample rate is only 5 updates/second).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	First Pass.png 
Views:	176 
Size:	119.1 KB 
ID:	10738   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Second Pass.png 
Views:	155 
Size:	113.3 KB 
ID:	10739   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Third Pass.png 
Views:	163 
Size:	109.2 KB 
ID:	10740  

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast