Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Problem with my Head/Cam 98 LS1 camaro - files attached

Looks like its working. Went out and made a short log and about to start looking at it. Its raining pretty hard and I'm running skinnies/drag radials so I didnt get a lot of WOT pulls. I will go out and get better logs when its not raining
    Attached Files Attached Files

One thing I found out is, if you have map A using Calculated VE BEN Corrected % then hit the average button all the cells goto 0.0

I changed the data paramater to kPa and the average button worked and calculated the numbers from higher values like 549 down to 1.2.

I attached screenshots of my Map A.
    It shows using data "Calculated VE BEN Corrected" in both kPa and %.

It shows VE BEN percentage averaging to all 0's but kPa averaging to a number.

Now I will start applying filters to see if I got much usable data.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Calculated VE BEN Corrected kPa - Averaged.png 
Views:	172 
Size:	40.2 KB 
ID:	10645   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Calculated VE BEN Corrected kPa.png 
Views:	167 
Size:	40.2 KB 
ID:	10646   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Calculated VE BEN Corrected percentage -error.png 
Views:	183 
Size:	36.9 KB 
ID:	10647   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Calculated VE BEN Corrected percentage.png 
Views:	165 
Size:	40.0 KB 
ID:	10648  

R.I.P Shawn, 1956-2011 WeathermanShawn's Avatar

You actually have a really good log.

You forgot to do this step: A. Set Displacement: open a Log File, go Edit->Log File Information->Vehicle Options, and next to Engine enter the displacement in cc, click Ok, and save the log file. This matters only if you're planning to use [%] units for VE.

Here is your SELBEN and VE Table. Both are unfiltered (except for closed-loop).

The easiest way to to set your MAF Calibration at this point would be to add +23% to your Entire MAF Table B5001 (all frequencies). Then do another log. Your Trims and VE Table will probably be perfect. We are adding to your entire MAF table to ensure PE Mode/WOT is fueled to the same MAF/Injector Slope as closed-loop.

Once you get your wideband you can verify.

One more log and your done. See, wasn't that easy?
    2002 Black Camaro Z-28 M6 Hardtop 11.0:1CR 425HP/410TQ SAE (400TQ@3500RPM)
    200cc Heads, 228/232 110+2 Cam, 1 3/4" LT's w/catts, GMMG, Koni Shocks, Hotchkis Springs, 35/21 Sways, 17" ZR1's, 3.90 Gears Roadrunner PCM LM-2 Serial Wideband
    EFILive Closed-Loop MAF/SD Hybrid Tune..

One thing I noticed on your Tune.

Since you are hitting close to 6800 Rpms on stock injectors (?) and we are adding to the MAF..

Please take a look at your values in B3618 (PE). Those values are extremely rich, and I am concerned you will run out of injector at this pace.

Try lowering down to a 1.16 EQ .
    200cc Heads, 228/232 110+2 Cam, 1 3/4" LT's w/catts, GMMG, Koni Shocks, Hotchkis Springs, 35/21 Sways, 17" ZR1's, 3.90 Gears Roadrunner PCM LM-2 Serial Wideband

Quote Originally Posted by WeathermanShawn View Post
    You actually have a really good log.

You forgot to do this step: A. Set Displacement: open a Log File, go Edit->Log File Information->Vehicle Options, and next to Engine enter the displacement in cc, click Ok, and save the log file. This matters only if you're planning to use [%] units for VE.

Here is your SELBEN and VE Table. Both are unfiltered (except for closed-loop).

The easiest way to to set your MAF Calibration at this point would be to add +23% to your Entire MAF Table B5001 (all frequencies). Then do another log. Your Trims and VE Table will probably be perfect. We are adding to your entire MAF table to ensure PE Mode/WOT is fueled to the same MAF/Injector Slope as closed-loop.

Once you get your wideband you can verify.

One more log and your done. See, wasn't that easy?

Good to know the data came out good. I was on country back roads and put it in 2 and D a lot to get higher RPM data, The rain made it fairly tricky since the radials are about worn out.

I had the CC set under Edit > Log File Information > Vehicle Information. I closed EFILive Scan and opened it back up to make sure it would load the new calc_pids.txt. I guess it didn't save it when I re-opened the scan tool.

I went back and set the engine CC and I now can average Map A using % as the data source.

It looks like my numbers are slightly different than the ones you had posted, but I haven't applied any filters yet.

How did you determine to add %23 to the entire MAF B5001 table?

Should I just make that %23 MAF adjustment instead of applying the tutorial filters and pasting to the MAF and Main VE tables from the data I got?

Here is what mine looked like after averaging Calculated VE BEN Corrected % (Map A)

Name:	Calculated VE BEN Corrected Percentage Average worked.png 
Views:	180 
Size:	41.9 KB 
ID:	10651  

Quote Originally Posted by WeathermanShawn View Post
    One thing I noticed on your Tune.

Since you are hitting close to 6800 Rpms on stock injectors (?) and we are adding to the MAF..

Please take a look at your values in B3618 (PE). Those values are extremely rich, and I am concerned you will run out of injector at this pace.

Try lowering down to a 1.16 EQ .
    It usually doesnt hit 6800 when its dry. That was when it spun hard in the rain and hit the limiter once. The car does have stock injectors, stock MAF, cheap lid, stock TB, K&N Flat filter.

I got my new bosch wideband sensor this morning and ordered a serial cable for the LC1 to EFILive so I will integrate that when the cable gets here.

Looking at the B3618 (PE) table now.

Also,(very important) remember to apply the CALC.VET Closed-Loop Filter. You need to filter out the PE Values (filter does it for you). Without a wideband all those numbers like 171% are bogus.

Also, in Map Properties you can set how many digits to display. Mine may look different because I have Precision set to 2.

I took your average SELBENS (or LTFTBENS) for your entire log..they averaged ~+21%. See the problem is if you only hit the closed-loop portion of your MAF Table..and you inadvertently hit PE Mode/WOT..all those MAF Frequencies will have not been altered..You could go extremely lean. So, I am estimating the 'upper-portion' of your MAF curve, based on the closed-loop portion of your MAF curve.

In mathematics they call that the 'slope'. It is crucial when you are tuning without a wideband..and I noticed you did not hesitate to take it to 100% TPS and 6800 Rpms..

When you get your wideband you can tweak every MAF frequency you desire..

Ok- so the PE table is independant of the MAF and VE tuning. This table is what the PCM is going to command when in PE mode. So I'm guessing 90+% or basically WOT.

So I can set the AFR I want under WOT in this table? Since I drag race the car a lot seems like this is a very important table. I will rear more on it, but I'd like to lean it to around 12.8-12.9.

I also spray the car with 100 WET single nozzle and pull 4 degrees timing with an MSD timing twister box but that will soon be taken off and I will do a nitrous tune with EfiLive,

Name:	PE Table - Orig Tune.png 
Views:	181 
Size:	86.5 KB 
ID:	10652  

No the PE table is not independent of the MAF/VE table. In reality it is an Fuel multiplier Table. Your Airflow is calculated primarily from the MAF Airflow with some correction applied from the VE Table Airflow. More Airflow, more fuel injected, etc..B3618 is a multiplier. Your reads as high as 1.29 EQ. That means MAF Airflow X 1.29..Thats extremely rich.

To hit 12.8- 12.9..thats an EQ of ~ 1.13. In your case (AFR) you are in the low 11's..too rich.

Also, it might be quite difficult to adjust your VE Table without knowing the upper-portions of it. In all honesty, I would omit that step until you totally get the MAF Calibration as close to a 1.00 SELBEN as possible. It takes some skill to merge known and unknown VE Table values without all the data..

Edit: B3616 tells you what TPS initiates PE Mode. Its far less than what you are thinking..
    Last edited by WeathermanShawn; May 3rd, 2011 at 05:01 AM. Reason: Additional Information..

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast