Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Help with Cruze tune....

Default Help with Cruze tune....

Hi all...

Hoping someone can help by giving me some direction in what tables need adjusting to carry out a basic tune on a 2012 Holden Cruze? From what I have found so far it looks like boost is controlled from desired torque? It is currently running around 11psi with just a little knock at the top end with the Octane scalar sitting at around 0.03...

From what I have seen from other peoples experience they may also have too much spark in both the high and low tables?

Can anyone look at my tune file for me and make some basic changes? Happy to pay for good information and a base start point.

They don't take much timing on unleaded, maybe 2 or 3 degrees maximum in boost so once you start throwing more boost at it keep an eye on the final timing.
    Some basic changes you need to do are:

B7017 & B7018, increase these torque limits.
    B8802, set the last column much higher than stock, mine is currently set to 190KW in the 100% column.
    B7009, increase this
    B7007, increase this too.

That is really about all that is needed, with just those changes alone it's possible to get 19 PSI from one of these!!

If you are happy to post the stock tune up, I'll change what is needed for others to download and see?
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Thanks for that, its always nice to have someone with experience to give you a point in the right direction

CRUZ 12646746.ctd

Thanks again, much appreciated.

Try this for starters (not my fault if it blows up, may contain traces of nuts etc), but please keep in mind, this is primarily based on an Auto car running E85 fuel, having said that, most of the additional timing I have is in the Ethanol spark tables, not the main High/Low maps.
    At this stage those running E85 or methanol injection are still seeing knock retard between 4,500 and 5,500, we are suspecting this might be false.
    You would need to run a minimum of 98 Octane fuel on this tune, just keep an eye on the knock retard too. Please let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
    Ross
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Interesting.... I notice in B7011 the octane scaler goes from -7 to 1.00, wonder how you get an octane scaler of -7

Ahh, oops, that is wrong. Funny I never noticed that before and it's the same OS as my car.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Ahh, oops, that is wrong. Funny I never noticed that before and it's the same OS as my car.
    any reason the spark table axis changed in your modified file that was posted? Just curious as it seems to be in a range that the 1.4T wouldnt get to.

Actually it does, mine hits 0.86 now, stock ends at 0.75.

wow nice, time for me to start playing around with boost!

Thanks for that Ross, all going good so far but I do have top end knock and it’s not false...

Should my E78 DMA pids work? I can’t get them to go, have validated pids and they show up but no data?

Running 7.5.7 211 and 8.2.1 203

Thanks

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast