Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 77

Thread: E39 2011 Turbo Regal LHU Cal File ?

  1. #41
    Lifetime Member Boost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,468

    Default

    Hmm, I'll have to look it up (or perhaps someone can chime in) but some guesses are:
    -that particular one is unsupported - very unlikely
    -you do not have the latest update - what build #s are you usinh?
    -some glitch or fault?

    Not sure if it's worth trying a read from V7? Pretty much everything works better in V8, especially the new stuff.

    Is everything connected and powered up ok?
    - Roland
    GM dealer tech since 2005
    '01 Z28 LS1/T56
    t-tops :usa:
    stock 241 heads, stock cam,
    stock muffler, factory wheels

    8.2 @ 86
    (1/8th mile with 255 Toyo Proxes)
    I am learning...

  2. #42
    Forum tyhee Site Admin GMPX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    12,755

    Default

    I would update everything to the releases here:
    http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....Pre-Release-06
    Update V8, V7 and the V2 firmware. There is no known problems with the E39 and those releases.

    BTW Boost, V7 won't read or flash an E39 (or E78 as well). We stopped adding flash support to V7 for the new generation ECM's.
    Need official EFILive help, please go here.
    For tuning support please post your questions on this forum (or other auto forums).
    Sorry if I don't respond to your PM, don't take it personal.


  3. #43
    Lifetime Member Boost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,468

    Default

    Cool, yeah V8 is great and I use it for everything. There was one oddball glitch many versions ago where I had to use V7, I think for an LS1 issue.

    But a 2011 Regal turbo should definitely work fine so let us know the results after updating.
    - Roland
    GM dealer tech since 2005
    '01 Z28 LS1/T56
    t-tops :usa:
    stock 241 heads, stock cam,
    stock muffler, factory wheels

    8.2 @ 86
    (1/8th mile with 255 Toyo Proxes)
    I am learning...

  4. #44
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    I would update everything to the releases here:
    http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....Pre-Release-06
    Update V8, V7 and the V2 firmware. There is no known problems with the E39 and those releases.

    BTW Boost, V7 won't read or flash an E39 (or E78 as well). We stopped adding flash support to V7 for the new generation ECM's.
    I just retried with the new update from the link you supplied. Same result.

    Note this is a 2013 Buick Regal GS, not a 2011 turbo

    Here is a copy of what was displayed on the V8 dash

    "Executing: C:\Program Files\EFILive\V8\Config\E39_R.obj
    Virtual Machine Started
    Script Loaded
    Script Verified
    Executing: Boot Loader...
    Unlocking: Trying MFG Key...
    Please: Wait...
    Script exited with code $0331: Request Out of Range ($31).
    "

  5. #45
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boost View Post
    Cool, yeah V8 is great and I use it for everything. There was one oddball glitch many versions ago where I had to use V7, I think for an LS1 issue.

    But a 2011 Regal turbo should definitely work fine so let us know the results after updating.
    Remember its a 2013 Regal GS, not a 2011 turbo.

    Could it be that this is an E39A, and not yet supported?

  6. #46
    Lifetime Member Boost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,468

    Default

    Hmm, it could be - although I am not sure why they would change it if nothing else changed. The ATS and the Malibu have the new version of the 2.0T hence they probably have the E39A, and the Verano T have the "old" Regal turbo engine and I am not sure which E39. But all the Regals should be ok, unless it's just a new 2013 calibration that's not yet supported?

    Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    FYI, anyone who is interested, the E39A ECM read and flash is support in the next release candidate due any day now. This will get you sorted for any 2013+ SIDI application, though 2013 is a transition year, so some 2013 models will still use the older E39 and others the new E39A such as the 2013 XTS, ATS and Malibu. VTuner was brave enough to be the first test mule for the E39A beta update on he's ATS with good results too.
    We had to spend a bit of time on this one, we needed to make sure there was no possible way someone could full flash an E39 tune in to an E39A (and vice versa), I found out what happens when you do that (E39 doorstops anyone?). GM do have a new part number for the E39A ECM with a new label too clearly stating 'E39A', plus the scary part, the connector pinouts are different, so don't ever get them mixed up, again, another doorstop results (as Ross notices he's BRAND NEW E39A is drawing 5 Amps, it didn't live more than 10 seconds!) .
    Now all I need is Holden to offer the new 2.0L turbo like the ATS has in 'something' and I'll have my next car on order, unless the GenV hits the streets first.
    - Roland
    GM dealer tech since 2005
    '01 Z28 LS1/T56
    t-tops :usa:
    stock 241 heads, stock cam,
    stock muffler, factory wheels

    8.2 @ 86
    (1/8th mile with 255 Toyo Proxes)
    I am learning...

  7. #47
    Forum tyhee Site Admin GMPX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    12,755

    Default

    Yeah pretty sure even the 2013 Regal is still the 'old' E39.
    Sweeth35th, did you update the V2 firmware as well after updating the PC software?
    Need official EFILive help, please go here.
    For tuning support please post your questions on this forum (or other auto forums).
    Sorry if I don't respond to your PM, don't take it personal.


  8. #48
    Joe (Moderator) joecar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    27,752

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet35th View Post
    I just retried with the new update from the link you supplied. Same result.

    Note this is a 2013 Buick Regal GS, not a 2011 turbo

    Here is a copy of what was displayed on the V8 dash

    "Executing: C:\Program Files\EFILive\V8\Config\E39_R.obj
    Virtual Machine Started
    Script Loaded
    Script Verified
    Executing: Boot Loader...
    Unlocking: Trying MFG Key...
    Please: Wait...
    Script exited with code $0331: Request Out of Range ($31).
    "
    After you flashed firmware 2.7.35 into your V2, did you goto BBx and do Program All (may need to first format the config filesystem)...?

  9. #49
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Yeah pretty sure even the 2013 Regal is still the 'old' E39.
    Sweeth35th, did you update the V2 firmware as well after updating the PC software?
    Yes, it said my firm ware was up to date

    Firmware 2.07.35
    bootblock 2.07.04

  10. #50
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    After you flashed firmware 2.7.35 into your V2, did you goto BBx and do Program All (may need to first format the config filesystem)...?
    This EFIlive I have (used to have another set up at another facility) is brand new, and the firmware that it came with was already 2.7.35, so it did not even need to update.

    I went into BBX and it says 150% space required, and even if I unselect all the controlers I can not get it below 100%
    Last edited by Sweet35th; February 24th, 2013 at 03:45 AM.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. E39 SIDI L4 turbo
    By 3onic in forum E39, E80, E82 & E92 SIDI ECM's
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: January 25th, 2012, 10:54 PM
  2. 2011 Turbo Cruze bans
    By GMPX in forum E78, E83, E84 PFI ECM's
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: April 13th, 2011, 04:47 AM
  3. Looking for Cobalt SS cal file?
    By N0DIH in forum IL6,IL5,IL4 Atlas Engines - P12 PCM
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: January 9th, 2011, 02:54 AM
  4. EFI Live V4 xml file for 94 Regal 3800
    By MasterOfTheJawan in forum EFILive V4
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: December 29th, 2009, 06:40 AM
  5. CAL file format
    By runrun in forum Tips and tricks
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: August 28th, 2007, 05:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •