Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Newbie HELP

Joe I ask a wrong question. On the screenshot I didnt understrand what it meant on post 7. Now i do.

ive done everything but my laptop says pids are not supported. on v2 it shows them and logs them. I have uploaded trans and ecm maps on it before.

when i open scan/.tune it goes into demo mode. Is that a problem?

I have E38/T43 trying to log trans files and there are only a few supported on computer.

Lifetime Member

If you open V7.5 and it says Demo mode, you didnt enter the registration details correctly. Make sure the date is entered correctly, thats the only that usually gets messed up. For your V2, the card should say Commercial Scan and Tune license, make sure you select that in the drop-down box.

In the V7.5 Scan tool, press the green connect button in the upper left corner then select the proper controller type. Then click Info->Validate PIDs, click yes and then all supported PIDs for your controller will be available.

In V7.5 you can only log 1 controller at a time, BBL you can do both and V8's Scan Tool will let you do both as well when it is released.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Mine says FlashScan Interface: Scan&Tune GM

It only says it when v2 is unplugged.

Does v2 need to be plugged into car to validate pids?
    Last edited by zbadestz; May 5th, 2011 at 09:54 AM.

Lifetime Member

To validate PIDs, first connect to the target controller (PCM / ECM / TCM), then select the Validate PIDs option.

Did you get your licence entered correctly, and the software out of Demo mode ?

Regards,
    Taz

Lifetime Member

Yes, the V2 MUST be plugged in to validate the PIDs, otherwise it doesnt know what OS you're using.
    ~Erik~
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.

Thank you guys.....it works...... when is V8 being released? Now I need to order the cable and null modemn. where can I get those?

Lifetime Member

V8 is still under heavy development, a full public release is still probably months away. Right now V8 is used for V2 bootblock/firmware and programming BBx functions (BBL, BBF, BBR). Plus most controllers are able to be flashed using V8 (E38/T43 definitely is) and the flash times are faster than with V7.5. V7.5 is still used for the Scan tool and to edit/save tune files. Remember to save as a *.ctd if you want to flash the file with V8.

What WB do you have? If you have one of the supported ones, TAQuickness (forum member) makes WB specific to V2 cables, I have his LC1 to V2 cable and it works great! No null modem adapters needed! Doesnt look like his website is working right now, usually its www.taquickness.com
    ~Erik~

I have an LC-1 I will try and look him up. Thanks

Thanks for the above help....Now I cant seem to get boost/vac to work... I did map and at idle it was like 8.4 maybe I am entering something wrong. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by zbadestz View Post
    Thanks for the above help....Now I cant seem to get boost/vac to work... I did map and at idle it was like 8.4 maybe I am entering something wrong. Any ideas?
    Can't get boost/vac to work, do you mean the pids...? Can you post some screenshots.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast