Thread: 2 LS2 Fan Questions

Default 2 LS2 Fan Questions

1. If I have a single large fan on my ls2 conversion how do I configure this in efi tune. I want to have simple on at suitable temp and if possible an overun if engine is turned off. A pic of the settings would be great

2. If I use two fans what are the settings to turn the first fan on at full speed, followed by the second. Again a pic would be great.

Hope that makes sense, just starting to get to grips with efi (can you tell)

The fans don't physically work the way you describe. In the GM implementation, the fans are either "high speed", or "low speed" - either way they are *both* running. If you were to have only one fan running, then you would get NO airflow because there is a huge HOLE beside it! (because the other fan is off).

For a one-fan solution, you wire a relay to the "high fan control" lead on the PCM - when the PCM 'grounds' that wire, it turns your relay on and that powers the single fan. In the software, you type in the same temperature in both the Fan #1 (aka low-speed fan) and Fan #2 (high-speed fan) text boxes.

For a two-fan solution, you need to create a 3-relay control circuit similar to the GM design.

I have invented a low-profile EFan solution for the GM-800 series trucks ('99-'07) and sold about 50 sets; I sell the control box I describe for $135. Another vendor that can supply a cheaper/simpler relay setup alternative is Blackbear Performance. Or you can search the internet for the relay schematic and make your own.

Mr. P.

What about wiring a 2 speed fan instead of 2 fans on a 04 gto pcm with only a high-speed signal wire?

Thanks for the replies. I have the idea about the install now. I am just in need of how to alter the tables. My previous car had an LS1 which was simple as it said fan 1 on/off and fan 2 on/off. The LS2 table is totally different. I have attached pics of settings as they are now and hope you can point me down the right path.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	para.JPG 
Views:	347 
Size:	32.6 KB 
ID:	10697Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ECT.JPG 
Views:	363 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	10696Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ACP.JPG 
Views:	355 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	10698