Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't do cylinder balance test. Help

Default Can't do cylinder balance test. Help

I just got my EFILive V2 scanner tool with EFILive 7.5 and v8. I got the latest update for V7.5 and V8.
    I followed the instructions to do the test. I hit F3 to start the test and it just starts recording data. There is no pop up bar graph of cylinder strength. It does nothing but start recording.
    But I can adjust RPM, fuel pressure, and I can manually turn off one injector at a time.
    No matter what I do, I can't start the cylinder balance test. What am I doing wrong?

I have the EFILive Scan only.
    My truck: 2004 lb7
    modifications TTS Power Systems - switchable tune Economy Tow Race

Thank You in advance for any advice.

your wanting the injector balance rates?

Well yes. I'm trying to get to this screen that is in the v7.5 scan users manual
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	test.png 
Views:	548 
Size:	142.6 KB 
ID:	10716

The user manual shows a screen from an older version of software.

That particular screen was for the LS1 gasoline engine, it does not apply to diesel engines.

The newer software does not yet have an automated cylinder balance test (it has a screen where you can turn off each injector while logging, i.e. manaully); there is no pop up bar graphs; I'm not sure if the injector controls in the DVT is applicable to diesel engines, I asked Tech Support about this.

When you turn off individual injectors does your engine show any signs (rpm drops)...?

If you're able to turn off individual injectors, then simply start logging, then turn off each injector for 3 seconds (say), do this for all injectors, then stop the log... you should see the rpm drop for each injector turned off, if the injector is bad the rpm won't drop as much.

But, I'm not sure this is applicable to diesels.

you can also go in to youre pids in the scan tool and select them then watch them in the data section dont forget to select diesel list of youre pids and then you will not see the gas stuff
    97 2500 ecsb 5.7l/4l80e/4x4 411 pcm /thorley tri-y's/dual super 40's with x (catless)/aem cai/msd 6a and coil/zz4 cam/beehive spring/lm-1

stock sucks

As above you can log the balance rates via the scan tool. GM.BALRCYL1 to GM.BALRCYL8
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

easiest way is to go to dashboard at the top, drop down to recall factory defaults>duramax lb7/lly. then go to the tabs and click on pids. go down till u find the 8 pids for injector balance rate #1-8. double click them all. unselect about 6 pids already selected. connect, hit the yellow button at the bottom to watch data, go to data tab and look at what the injectors pids are saying.

Will this work ^^ the same way on a 08 LMM? Thinking i have a bad injector and would like to see some data/ balance rates.

Thanks!

Yes but you have to make sure you deselect a handful of pids because it will have too many channels open and won't validate the PIDS

Thank you sir! I did get it to work and also show a code for Cly #7 let you know in a few hours!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast