Thread: Help needed, Think my ecm reverted to stock-98 LS1

Question Help needed, Think my ecm reverted to stock-98 LS1

Little back info on the situation. Few years ago I had my 98 LS1 Camaro w/ Bolt ons, egr/air delete and 150 shot tunned by a shop using efi live. The car sat in my garage over the last 2 years for non mechanical reasons. I wasn't able to run the car very often due to my work and the battery died completely. Last week I replaced the battery and put the car back on the road. The shop that did the tune no longer does performance work and the computer with my tune files had an unrecoverable crash.
    The Problem: When I replaced the battery and put the car back on the road, the SES light came on. Checked the odbII w/ a scanner and found the previously deleted EGR and rear 02 codes being showing, and when I delete them the EGR code comes back within seconds. Checked the rear 02 sims and they appear fine.
    Help: Can anyone offer some advice on what I can do to get this code deleted?
    I have a co-worker who just bought efilive flashscan2. I just started my research into this tunning software in case there is a work around, or something I can do without paying a new shop to dynotune the car again. Your help is appreciated.
    Thanks in advance
    Brad

Hi Brad welcome to the forum.

Can you post your tune file.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Hi Brad welcome to the forum.

Can you post your tune file.
    Nope, it was a custom dynotune done by a shop in my area. They no longer do tunning and the computer my files/tune was stored on had a hard drive crash and my files were lost in the process. I should have access to a flashscan v2 from a coworker but we are sitting on a rig 300 miles away from the car lol.

Ok, when you get a chance read the tune from your PCM.

will do but it will be approximately 2 weeks before I can get to my car. Just trying to see if anyone had an idea of what might of happened. I will be teaching myself efi live as best i can in the next couple of weeks. my buddy wants me to set up a multi tune switch for his 08 GM diesel truck so i am researching/learning 2 things at once lol.