Thread: '07 LMM Express Van Commanded vs Actual boost, etc.

Default '07 LMM Express Van Commanded vs Actual boost, etc.

First off, I am new to diesel (and EFI live for that matter). I have tuned many gas/ethanol vehicles for a multitude of modifications, I know much less about diesel at this point.

I took on a job recently of tuning a 2007 Express 3500 w/LMM. I got the thing running quite well, good power and the transmission is holding up pretty well! I was trying to log vitals with the scan tool, but it seems like the numbers are a little weird? I logged commanded map and map, when WOT the commanded shows 317kpa while the pressure is hitting 363kpa (About 6psi higher than I wanted). Am I missing something? At first I thought it was a spike, but its sustains this boost level the whole time. I know the LMM is a little weird in controlling boost (at least from what I've read) and I was going to mess with the vane position to see if that helps the situation. Anything else I should be looking for? What PID's should I be logging? I see people talk about GM.BOOST2_DMA but I don't have that as an option as far as I can tell...

Thanks for any insight you can give!

Also, I read that they were planning on converting the Express van OS to DSP5 and I don't see it as an option, is this going to be supported (or is it silently being supported right now)?

To convert to DSP5, you have to go to the convert tab. Convert to DSP5 OS, save, close everything out and re-open. (This is from memory, so I might of missed a small step.) Once you re-open you should have under the custom calibration menu's for your DSP1-4 positions.

On the data logging, which PID List are you using? I personally use Duramax LBZ Imperial for an LMM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Digital View Post
    First off, I am new to diesel (and EFI live for that matter). I have tuned many gas/ethanol vehicles for a multitude of modifications, I know much less about diesel at this point.

I took on a job recently of tuning a 2007 Express 3500 w/LMM. I got the thing running quite well, good power and the transmission is holding up pretty well! I was trying to log vitals with the scan tool, but it seems like the numbers are a little weird? I logged commanded map and map, when WOT the commanded shows 317kpa while the pressure is hitting 363kpa (About 6psi higher than I wanted). Am I missing something? At first I thought it was a spike, but its sustains this boost level the whole time. I know the LMM is a little weird in controlling boost (at least from what I've read) and I was going to mess with the vane position to see if that helps the situation. Anything else I should be looking for? What PID's should I be logging? I see people talk about GM.BOOST2_DMA but I don't have that as an option as far as I can tell...

Thanks for any insight you can give!

Also, I read that they were planning on converting the Express van OS to DSP5 and I don't see it as an option, is this going to be supported (or is it silently being supported right now)?

last I knew Cindy told me no DSP5 for the vans - major Fail :(