Thread: Help!! Please tear apart this tune!!!!

Default Help!! Please tear apart this tune!!!!

OK I have an 02 Camaro, it is a 383 stroked heads cam with bolt ons, 36lbs injectors at 4 bar, CAM is a VRX5 with .601 intake .605 EX lift with 236, 238 duration on a 113 LSA, 96 MM TB, FAST 102 intake, Trick Flow 215 CNC'd heads with Kooks, LT's 1 7/8's This car was just switched over to a six speed from an A4.

Here are my issues! Mind you everything on this car has dman near been replaced, new engine harness, new OEM 02's even swapped the MAF, and nothing we have done in the tune will get me more than 130 Miles per tank of gas. I didnt have my cable with me to log air fuel for this log but I watched it and it sits at idle at 14.4 in closed loop no matter what I do. Doesnt bounce, doesnt move from 14.4 at Idle trims are through the roof! I added 25% to the injectors last night and the ltft still went to 25%, turned the ltft off and the stft went to 25%, the car is just dumping fuel and I have had this issue for over a year. There are no vacume leaks, it has a new MAP sensor as well. any suggestions? any thoughts, any help would be taken! I give up at this point!! I also flashed the whole thing with a full flash back to stock and then started my changes again and still the same issue, it also hangs at about 2000 rpms when down shifting until the car comes to a complete stop, but heres the kicker it doesnt always do it!! only 50% of the time. I am fustrated and do not want to mess with this any more! Please help, dont care how out in left field a suggestion is I will try it at this point! Thanks!!!!!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Stock MAF sensor?

Quote Originally Posted by SSpdDmon View Post
    Stock MAF sensor?
    Yes

Try this tune...

It's like the one I'm running in my car now. OL MAF only, Ford SVO 30's, factory MAF curve, blah blah blah. It's got the AIR pump disabled/removed, EVAP disabled/removed, AFR's are set to 12.7 @ WOT and timing should be right around 29*. Keep an eye on your WBO2 and knock sensors the first few times you're running this.

PS - Idle AFR's should appear leaner than 14.7 on the WBO2 with that setup due to overlap in the cam. Mine idles right around 17.
    Last edited by SSpdDmon; May 13th, 2011 at 04:04 AM.

Hi 1fastgto,

Set B0104 cylinder volume to 748.84 cc; there may be other things.

In the log:
    - not enough throttle;
    - NBO2 voltages appear to be swinging too slowly (but see previous post),
    - the large difference between DYNCYLAIR (VE) and CYLAIR (MAF) indicates MAF and/or VE tables are wrong (see SSpdDmon above),
    - DYNCYLAIR is quite low for NA 383 H/C, expected to see 0.85 g/cyl.

You may need to clean the MAF sensor.

What injectors do you have...?

Do you have EFILive FlashScan V1 or V2 (this makes a difference how you connect to wideband)...?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Log_0146.png 
Views:	172 
Size:	104.1 KB 
ID:	10822  

Try this tune...

It's like the one I'm running in my car now. OL MAF only, Ford SVO 30's, factory MAF curve, blah blah blah. It's got the AIR pump disabled/removed, EVAP disabled/removed, AFR's are set to 12.7 @ WOT and timing should be right around 29*. Keep an eye on your WBO2 and knock sensors the first few times you're running this.

PS - Idle AFR's should appear leaner than 14.7 on the WBO2 with that setup due to overlap in the cam. Mine idles right around 17.
    OK took your tune and overlapped it against mine and changed the injector flow rate to match my 36lbs injectors and I adjusted a little bit of the timing at idle and changed PE AFR to 12.95 where I had it. With your tune I have no hanging and a great Idle, Cruising around I still run at 14.4, so I mapped the MAF from 2300 RPM's down and started subtracting a few percentages at a time to see if it would work. As of right now Idle will bounce between 14.5 and 14.7 sometimes 14.8. Cruising is still at 14.4. At WOT I am at 12.7 before the last MAF change and its not knocking at all. Holding 27-28 degrees with High IAT's

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Hi 1fastgto,

Set B0104 cylinder volume to 748.84 cc; there may be other things.

In the log:
    - not enough throttle;
    - NBO2 voltages appear to be swinging too slowly (but see previous post),
    - the large difference between DYNCYLAIR (VE) and CYLAIR (MAF) indicates MAF and/or VE tables are wrong (see SSpdDmon above),
    - DYNCYLAIR is quite low for NA 383 H/C, expected to see 0.85 g/cyl.

You may need to clean the MAF sensor.

What injectors do you have...?

Do you have EFILive FlashScan V1 or V2 (this makes a difference how you connect to wideband)...?
    They are stock injectors 36lbs 4 bar, had them bench marked and flowed so they are right. I changed the Cylinder Volume, I have not cleaned the MAF I have EFI V2, and my wideband just took a crap! I left the connector cable at the shop and have not gone to get it yet. They only thing I havent changed right now is the MAF I swapped i last night and at idle got the same response so I swapped it back. I will try and get the cable and get another log here shortly, Thanks for helping guys!!

I supplied that thinking you were going to take the IFR I provided with the MAF curve I provided as well. If you keep your old fueling settings (IFR & MAF curve), then of course nothing is going to change AFR wise.

Keep in mind -if you're running OL MAF, the main contributors to how much fuel is pushed through the injectors are:
    Commanded Fueling in Open Loop (and PE modifier)
    MAF
    Injector Flow Rate

If you need to pull fuel, it can be done in any of those 3.

I also wonder if you're getting bad readings from the WBO2.

I supplied that thinking you were going to take the IFR I provided with the MAF curve I provided as well. If you keep your old fueling settings (IFR & MAF curve), then of course nothing is going to change AFR wise.

Keep in mind -if you're running OL MAF, the main contributors to how much fuel is pushed through the injectors are:
    Commanded Fueling in Open Loop (and PE modifier)
    MAF
    Injector Flow Rate

If you need to pull fuel, it can be done in any of those 3.

I also wonder if you're getting bad readings from the WBO2.
    Thats exactly what I was thinking, I have access to a LM-2 that I will have set up in a day or so. As for the Idle hanging, and stalling with your settings they are gone!

Glad I could help.