Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Engine Conversions and Park/Neutral Signal

Lifetime Member

You also require brake input to the PCM (along with the Park signal) to get the Case learn to execute. The brake pedal needs to be depressed throughout the Case learn procedure. A switch can be wired if need be.

Regards,
    Taz

Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    You also require brake input to the PCM (along with the Park signal) to get the Case learn to execute. The brake pedal needs to be depressed throughout the Case learn procedure. A switch can be wired if need be.

Regards,
    Taz
    Forgot about that one, thanks for reminding me of it!!!

Mike
    Current toys are as follows:
    1961 Chevrolet Corvair Monza, 145 H6/powerglide. 85 HP of raw fury.... slow and stock and staying that way!
    1969 GMC 2500, 4-53T Detroit diesel/Fuller 10 speed on late model 1500 HD frame
    1970 GMC 9500, 6-71 Detroit/Fuller 13 speed, not sure why I bought it, but it sure is noisy!!!
    1975 Ford F100 shortbed. Currently undergoing Crown Vic subframe swap and EFI 4.6!!!
    1975 Chevrolet Vega, 5.3/200-4R may finish someday, maybe...

I know this is a bit late and if its considered off-topic feel free to move or delete. But I thought I would share so no one shies away from something very doable.

I have a DBW '03 5.3L (L59) mated to a 200-4r. I ran the TV cable to the firewall and made an arm extending beyond the pivot point of the pedal assembly. I thought it was great until I got it wired up and realized that by 50% of available pedal movement the engine was seeing 100% throttle. I made a physical stop for the pedal at or slightly past this point. Which then meant I needed excessive 'preload' on the TV cable to still acheive full pull at full throttle. I then removed the pedal assembly and built a linkage to achieve increased pull with my new short pedal stroke. It works quite well now, the 2-3 shift is slightly high but I don't have my desired tire size on the truck yet so I will wait until that is achieved before I play with the trans governor weights.
    I will be reviewing this thread so I can perform a case learn soon, I am using the previously mentioned B&M Quicksilver. Currently I have no gear transition idle issues.

Thanks for sharing... so now you're able to get full TV sweep from full pedal sweep (without preload/slack)...?

That is correct.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123