Thread: 2006 Allison 6 speed shift timing changes

Default 2006 Allison 6 speed shift timing changes

Ok Guys i am pretty new to efi live,just starting to play with settings a little.I would like to raise my shift points up a bit.I dont like how early it shifts into 4th,5th,and 6th.I messed with the upshift tables at part throtle but really not sure how far to go.I like the points it shifts at in tow mode just not the firmness when not towing a trailer.I need to have a copy of somebodys tables for part throtle upshift timing,downshift timing and also the torque converter apply and release tables that has done this with some good results.Im not sure what all has to be adjusted with this change and dont want to screw this thing up!My dads 04 5speed ally shifts higher and has alot more hold back when you let off the throtle in lower gears which i like.Any help on this would be great. Thanks Chris

Did you figure it out?

No i messed withit quite abit but evertime i changed the shift points i had to change so many other parameters that it would screw up the shift points again.So in the end i figured since this is my daily driver work truck i better not screw something up!So meanwhile i will just wait till someone else figures it out safely and then maybe try it.

I can send you one of my tcm tunes to look at or try..

Quote Originally Posted by KB3MMX View Post
    I can send you one of my tcm tunes to look at or try..
    That would be great, i just kind of gave up on it because i liked the shift points closer to the tow mode settings but could not ever get it not to shift to firm after that.Anything you have would be interesting to try if you have had good luck with yours that way.