This is my first try at any real tuning. (I've never done any of this before.)
I'm swapping in a 411 PCM into a 2000 S10 2WD Auto (originally had a black box 494 VCM)
I got the wiring diag from LexTech. The 411 came from a 2001 Chev TrailBlazer 4WD.
I double checked the wiring, before doing a full-FLASH. I grabbed "2002 GMC Sonoma 4x2 Truck Automatic L35 4.3 Litre (OS 12212156) LS1_B.tun" from HoldenCrazy.com.
I changed the VIN to match the original 494's VIN. I disabled the Generator F terminal(P1638), set the rear gear ratio(H0103), set the knock sens to resonate(B1402), and disabled the VATS(G1201).

It took a little coaxing to get it stated, but it finally caught. It didn't want to idle below 1000rpm. I kept it there until the coolant got above 160. It through P0300, so I did the CASE. Shut it down and waited. Through it all, the WB AFR stayed in the 12->16 range.

The small problem is, when I read the VIN w/ the V2 it does not give me the VIN that I programmed. I get the old TrailBlazer VIN. The OS ver matches the full-FLASH one that I prog'd.
The big problem is that it is ticking and banging, like it dropped a valve. Is it real mechanical damage or could it be a problem with timing. It happened after firing up after running the CASE. Timing comes from the CKP, right?

I'm trying to figure out if I should swap back to the 494, or tear into the engine. (Yeah, I'm pretty sure it mechanical.)