Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Newbie Here. Need some help on 09 5.3 / 6L80e and e38

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnightWong View Post
    Sounds like if I stick with all 09 Corvette TB, ECU OS, Pedal I should be ok...

Have people had good experience flashing a 6L80e out of a 2WD truck with the corvette flash?
    That part is still very fuzzy to me... I have not been able to find a lot of info on how flashing the tcm inside these transmission go... Do I even need to flash it?? If it's an 09 6L80e... Can the Corvette OS on the E38 talk to it...
    If its an 09 TCM/trans, then the 09 E38 will say hello nicely. It really depends what OS number is already in the TCM as to how you go forward from there. There are several different 09 TCM OS's.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    There was mention of you buying HPTuners, you won't see this posted on their forum, but as a potential customer you should be aware the licensing they have is quite restritive, if the VIN pair between the ECM, TCM and what they deem as a 2009 model does not match you won't be able to program the computers.
    And incomprehensible...

You guys on here are awesome!!

After reading all these post. The light bulb in my head went off!! I feel a lot better now :-)

Thanks y'all!!

Ive been reading a few conflicting post around the net..

Can Tech2 flash an 07 or 08 OS onto my 09 E38 ? Ive read that if someone uses EFILive to flash .. it wont work completely .. But if you take it to a dealer and they do a complete flash using Tech2 it will take an E38 OS and put it on it..

Looks like I only have an LS2 Throttle Body not an LS3 Throttle Body ...
    Im going to have to find an LS3 Throttle body or get an older E38 ecm .. if the above statement is true .. that the OS Year has to match the E38 Year ...

Should I take both the E38 and 6L80E to the dealer and ask them to read both ECU and TCU to find out what is on them ??

I know the Motor is front one 09 Truck, and the ECU is from another 09 Truck and the 6L80E is from a different 09 truck .. So the VIN wont match at all ...

Also .. Do I need to find a Corvette VIN to be able to flash everything with or do I just use one of the Truck VIN and flash the Corvette OS with it ?

Thanks Again for all the help

Allen

If the E38 is a 12625455 serv # then you can not stick a 07/08 OS in there.. do that and you will have an expensive paper weight. If you have all MY09 parts, I would get a MY09 Corvette tune flashed in by a dealer with a Tech 2 and go from there... The Tech 2 flashes in the pedal tables that efilive and hp's dont. This is why you need tech2 to do it.. then just use a corvette pedal from a MY09 and all will be fine.

Also when doing these conversions if the LS2 throttle body ha a silver blade they work fine with a 07/08 ECU and OS and a brass blade works fine with MY09 onwards ECU's and OS's.

I know a few out there have the later blade ECU with the early blades and are working fine but havent seen anyone do a early ecu with a brass blade

maybe post back up the service number of the parts you have (ECU, Trans, Pedal) and someone will be able to help
    ---------------------------
    E38's got to love them
    E40's hate 'em

LS1's is there anything it wont work on

Holden VE SSV - GEN46L

www.ultimateconversionwiring.com.au

www.dualflash.com.au

Lifetime Member

What DD said ^^^

Throttle bodies are the same from the first LS2's, through LS3, LS7, all cars, up to MY09 where GM changed to the brass coloured TB.

Lifetime Member

For EFILive, the actual VIN that is programmed is only referenced when loading scan tool PIDs, has nothing to do with how the computers are licensed. Deal with programming the correct VIN after you've had them flashed by the Tech II with the OS you're going to use.

Doesnt matter whats on the computers, you know the service # off the ECM (which is what counts) and you know its an 09.

Since you have an LS2 tb (if its the silver blade like doubledip said), an 09 E38, and an 09 6L60E T43 I would have the dealer use the 09 Corvette OS. Sounds like everything is pointing this conversion that way, to use a truck or older Vette OS would require some new parts.
    Last edited by ScarabEpic22; May 25th, 2011 at 01:36 PM.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnightWong View Post
    You guys on here are awesome!!

After reading all these post. The light bulb in my head went off!! I feel a lot better now :-)

Thanks y'all!!
    And the "bing" was?

Lifetime Member

I've used brass throttle bodies with early ECUs, including ls1s... But for the E38s, ross needs to add a few parameters... AT LEAST one to make it work...
    "All that is needed for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."

Hi Everyone!

Its been a long time since I posted ..

Finally got my 40 Olds project moving along again ..

Im ready to flash my E38 and T43 in my 6L80..
    What would be the best way to get the initial 09 Corvette OS on both of them ? I dont have a Corvette VIN ..
    I talked to a dealer and he said he could probably get the 09 Corvette OS on the E38 if I had a Corvette VIN .. But he said he didnt think he could flash my 6L80E.

The 6L80E is out of a 09 Silverado 2WD ...

The car is still in the build stage, but I want to make sure I have all the ECM/TCM issue setup so I dont have any delays..

Thanks in advance for any info!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast