Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Newbie Here. Need some help on 09 5.3 / 6L80e and e38

Lifetime Member

EFILive V8 will Full Flash the T43 - so that you can do yourself. Where are you at with throttle body ? Which one will you be using ? The remainder of answers depend on this component.

Regards,
    Taz

Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    EFILive V8 will Full Flash the T43 - so that you can do yourself. Where are you at with throttle body ? Which one will you be using ? The remainder of answers depend on this component.

Regards,
    Taz
    Hi Taz!

I have a 09 Throttle Body now also. I will be running the 09 Corvette Gas Pedal also.

So everything is based off of 09 components.

Lifetime Member

Hello Allen,

OK .. there are 2009 Corvette T43 and E38 calibrations available for download from the TuneFileDepot site. You can Full Flash the 2009 truck 6L80 (T43) transmission with the 2009 Corvette T43 calibration using EFILive V8. You would need to take the E38 to someone with a Tech 2 to get it programmed with a 2009 Corvette LS3 6L80 calibration. They will need an appropriate Corvette VIN to download the calibration from TIS/SPS - to then load in your E38.

I have done a few of these since you started this thread last year - by no stretch of the imagination am I any kind of expert on this - still learning myself.

If you plan on using the truck wiring harness - these can be adapted for a Corvette based ECM / TCM. Again, I've done a few of these since last year. You will need schematics for at least a 2009 Corvette - better if you also have schematics for the donor truck - or a ton of patience and a voltmeter with an audible continuity.

Just some highlights ... the truck probably won't have a wire / pin for Tach output, and the TCM connector won't be wired for Tap Shifting. Getting the pins to release from the T43 connector can be frustrating the first time you try.

The Delphi MAP sensors and Bosch MAP sensors use different connectors - your truck harness is probably wired for a Delphi - your LS3 intake may have a Bosch.

Hence the necessity of good schematics ...

Also, if you need an appropriate Corvette VIN send me a PM.

Regards,
    Taz

That awesome that you have gotten a few under your belt :-)

Might also be a curse too .. With me buggin ya for help :-) hahah

I have the 09 Truck Harness, but I think it is setup for a 4L60 in stead of the 6L80.
    The 6L80 still has the plugs in it .. Whoever remove the tranny just cut the wires from that harness...

Ive also thought about trying to get a 09 Corvette Engine Harness and Tranny Harness.
    I figure that would be a good starting point to get it all working.

I will shoot you a PM!

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnightWong View Post
    ... I have the 09 Truck Harness, but I think it is setup for a 4L60 in stead of the 6L80.
    The 6L80 still has the plugs in it .. Whoever remove the tranny just cut the wires from that harness ...
    I see this all too frequently - 4L60 / 4L80 transmission connector plugs cut off by auto recycling yards. The connector is locked in place via its oval shape - to release it you simply squeeze it (causing it to become circular) and then remove. It would take longer to cut the wires, than to release it correctly without causing any damage.

... Ive also thought about trying to get a 09 Corvette Engine Harness and Tranny Harness.
    I figure that would be a good starting point to get it all working ...
    Remember that the transmission in a Corvette is in the rear - like a Porsche. This wiring harness is LONG (and expensive). If your butchered truck harness was included with the engine (essentially free), and you have the time and inclination, you can adapt it to work. Connectors and terminals are readily available from Mouser or EFI Connection.

Another option is a new truck harness from a place like GM Parts Direct - some of these may be found for under $200 - but would also require modification.

Regards,
    Taz

What do you think about using the 2010 Camaro L99 / 6L80E harness ?
    The part number is 92238350 -- It around 220 from GM Parts Direct I think.

I figure it will have all the correct connectors and a good length too :-)

I figure it probably uses the same Corvette pedal - 25835421 ?

Thanks
    Allen

Lifetime Member

That is a cost effective wiring harness - as it is currently in production. The Camaro doesn't use the same APP as the Corvette, however the connector is pinned the same.

Again, just some highlights ... with that harness you would need to add pins / wiring to the ECM for Tach output and VSS output. You would a need to add pins / wiring to the TCM connector for Tap Shifting and Brake Light input.

That harness has the Bosch MAP connector, and the CMP connector is the 5 pin VVT type.

The length and general layout should be what you need - but it will still require a fair amount of modification.

After working with greasy, weathered, and sometimes brittle used harnesses - it is a nice change to work with one fresh out of the GM box.

Regards,
    Taz

I will get this harness ordered so I can start understanding and modifying it.

I looked around on the web and found http://www.lt1swap.com/2010camaro.htm has a good diagram and picture of the Camaro harness.

Do you have all of the Schematics for the 09 Harness etc of what All I would need to modify and change?

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnightWong View Post
    ... Do you have all of the Schematics for the 09 Harness etc of what All I would need to modify and change? ...
    For every wiring harness I do - I will create a document containing the ECM / TCM pinouts (description & where they connect), along with original wire size, colour, and circuit load (amps). This document will include schematics for the engine, transmission, charging, starting, cruise, A/C, IPC (gauges), DLC and communications, electric fans, as well as powertrain control and starter relays.

These documents (a mini-manual really) are usually 35 to 40 pages - and no small task to create, source, and verify - and form part of the intellectual property of my business.

I will always attempt to help by answering questions, pointing people in the right direction, and also cautioning on potential issues. I recommend using the original GM manuals available from Helm Inc. - in either hard copy or DVD format.

Regards,
    Taz

Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    For every wiring harness I do - I will create a document containing the ECM / TCM pinouts (description & where they connect), along with original wire size, colour, and circuit load (amps). This document will include schematics for the engine, transmission, charging, starting, cruise, A/C, IPC (gauges), DLC and communications, electric fans, as well as powertrain control and starter relays.

These documents (a mini-manual really) are usually 35 to 40 pages - and no small task to create, source, and verify - and form part of the intellectual property of my business.

I will always attempt to help by answering questions, pointing people in the right direction, and also cautioning on potential issues. I recommend using the original GM manuals available from Helm Inc. - in either hard copy or DVD format.

Regards,
    Taz
    I completely understand!

You been more than helpful already !!

Thank You again !

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast