Thread: Just me ?

Lifetime Member

Default Just me ?

I'm interested in Cummins tuning same as everybody else. But I was wondering
    is it just me or does $399 seem kind of high for one engine ??
    I like the new layout as far as buying a scan only and adding whichever tuning
    you choose. But GM tuning is WELL worth $399.

My 2c
    -Justin

Considering it will still be cheaper than the current king of the hill handheld tuner Cummins has right now, and it supports two vehicles out of the box I am not sure where you are seeing the overpricing.
    Maybe you have misunderstood how the new licensing works. The $399 you pay for Cummins unlocks it for any Cummins engine we add in the future, so whilst that is just the 2006/07 5.9L as of now, when support for the other Cummins years roll out you won't be paying $399 again for the 6.7L and so on. Much like the GM tuning license allows you to buy licenses/streams for any GM ECM/TCM we support.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Woa.......I think "overpriced" is a little harsh.
    but you are never going to support as many Dodge
    vehicles as GM right ??

-Justin

No Justin we can't, because there isn't 20 different ECM's/TCM's used on the Cummins.
    I'm actually quite surprised you would suggest the price is 'high' anyway, EFILive is a business, not a charity, we have to recoup the R&D costs that have gone in to supporting Cummins.
    Trying thinking about it this way, there is going to be professional tuners out there pulling in maybe $20K+ per month from tuning Cummins alone, show me a product as a consumer where you can invest less than $3K (estimated monthly costs for Cummins licenses) to potentially make $200K+ per year. All of a sudden your 'high' price seems like we are short changing ourselves right.
    Last edited by GMPX; May 23rd, 2011 at 05:59 PM.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

I should not have started this thread. sorry

-Justin

Lifetime Member

Hey Ross I didn't realize that the cummins tuning option comes with two VIN licenses.
    So after careful review I think the price is very fair.

Thanx
    -Justin

We try to be fair, we also have to pay the bills too