Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Upgrading transmission, new license?

You also need to have FlashScan V2 connected to your PC before starting the Tune Tool. If you don't have it connected when opening the full-flash option will not be enabled. Hopefully it's that simple
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

yes, file is open. i have the option to full flash when in engine tune, just not tcm. i have been tuning with this software for a few years. it is full commercial, not demo.

yes calibration is open. not a demo. i can flash full ecm, just not tcm. commercial license.

Sorry, just looked at the top post. This is obviously a T43 controller in which case full-flash is not implemented in V7.5. You'll have to you the V8 software to do that.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Lifetime Member

Try using V8 to full flash the T43.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

thanks for the replies guys. I did not try V8 to flash, and I had it with me at the time too. I'll look to see if it allows me to do that tomorrow. We ended up having to swap TCM's from the original transmission to the new tranny. GM dealer could not even flash this TCM. Interesting info here for people looking to swap 6L80E transmissions though. I was the guinea pig on it. VERY frustrating day... here's the story for those that are interested...
    Ordered a complete transmission from PATC. The "Pterodactyl" 6L80E transmission and was told that all I had to do after installation was flash the TCM with my current tune and we're ready to roll. I had a GM dealer install the transmission today figuring we had a 4 hour install ahead of us. All went well on the install and then came time to program the TCM. The tech hooked up the scan tool and linked to gm to install the OS to the TCM and it failed. the unit will try this 3 times and then give a critical failure. we attempted this twice. Failed both times. The tech (a really good friend of mine) called GM to run this problem by them. I learned that this is a "restricted" part by GM, meaning they want to know why you are changing or even messing with the unit. I found out that you can't even order this part without letting GM know what it is going into or why it is needed. We were told that almost "every" tcm in these 6L80E's are different and are matched to the vehicle they are in. GM has run into this situation before and even rattled off a part number (which i don't have handy right now) that they KNEW would not work in my truck although they look identical. GM rep said that the car and truck TCM's are different and will not accept programming from one another. Now I'm not saying this is gospel by any means but I can tell you first hand that the TCM in this transmission would not accept the OS from GM for whatever reason and the only solution for us today was to swap TCM's. YMMV but I thought it may be good to at least raise a flag for people to do some checking if they are looking to perform any full tranny swaps. Might help someone save a headache.
    Anyways, we finally got the transmission working now it's off to tuning the shifts and pressures. Thanks for the help guys! I appreciate the replies!

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Try using V8 to full flash the T43.
    I was looking at V8 tonight and tried to open a file from V7.5 but V8 does not seem to let me open any of the .tun files from 7.5. Am I doing something wrong or not selecting something that should be? Version 8.2.1 Build 151.

Open the file in V7.5 and 'Save As' a .CTD file. This can then be used by the V8 software.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Hello again guys! Got a question on the 6L80E pids. I see pids in the scan tool but all pids shown with the exception of about 3 or 4 for the transmission are valid. Again, am I doing something wrong to make them show valid? or are most of the pids shown not applicable with the T43 yet? I need to log adaptive shift cells and such to tune this transmission and cannot see how to do it with this software. Any ideas?

I posted this in the 6l80e section also to see if any transmission guys would see it. Thanks for the help guys!

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Longslyde View Post
    Hello again guys! Got a question on the 6L80E pids. I see pids in the scan tool but all pids shown with the exception of about 3 or 4 for the transmission are valid. Again, am I doing something wrong to make them show valid? or are most of the pids shown not applicable with the T43 yet? I need to log adaptive shift cells and such to tune this transmission and cannot see how to do it with this software. Any ideas?

I posted this in the 6l80e section also to see if any transmission guys would see it. Thanks for the help guys!
    You need to connect up to the T43 and then run the validate PIDs option. Menu option: Info->Validate PIDs.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast