Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EFI Live not an LS1Tech.com sponsor?

Default EFI Live not an LS1Tech.com sponsor?

I didn't realize this until I was asked to change my sig over there (since some people weren't too happy with my opinion and freedom of speech privilages).

Quote Originally Posted by SSpdDmon View Post
    I didn't realize this until I was asked to change my sig over there (since some people weren't too happy with my opinion and freedom of speech privilages).
    I am guessing it has to do with the stupid high fees that they charge to become a sponsor. I was asked years ago to 'restrict' my praise of EFI Live in every post because they are not a sponsor. They seem pretty anti EFI Live over there anywho........ to hell with 'em...
    There is a lot of info over there, too bad there is a million primadona's strutting their shit and thinking they are the ever great know it alls!!!!!

Just my $.02

Mike
    Current toys are as follows:
    1961 Chevrolet Corvair Monza, 145 H6/powerglide. 85 HP of raw fury.... slow and stock and staying that way!
    1969 GMC 2500, 4-53T Detroit diesel/Fuller 10 speed on late model 1500 HD frame
    1970 GMC 9500, 6-71 Detroit/Fuller 13 speed, not sure why I bought it, but it sure is noisy!!!
    1975 Ford F100 shortbed. Currently undergoing Crown Vic subframe swap and EFI 4.6!!!
    1975 Chevrolet Vega, 5.3/200-4R may finish someday, maybe...

No, the real reason goes back many years, the so called moderators in the tuning section were all friends of the HPTuners owners, the bias was pathetic, the posts censorship was pathetic, it was like it was run by the Chinese goverment. One of those moderators even became the support guy for HPTuners and was still a moderator at the time. I know some of the EFILive resellers signed up over there and paid there monthly fee's are were treated just as bad. I've not even looked at that website in years, I guess not much has changed from what you said.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    No, the real reason goes back many years, the so called moderators in the tuning section were all friends of the HPTuners owners, the bias was pathetic, the posts censorship was pathetic, it was like it was run by the Chinese goverment. One of those moderators even became the support guy for HPTuners and was still a moderator at the time. I know some of the EFILive resellers signed up over there and paid there monthly fee's are were treated just as bad. I've not even looked at that website in years, I guess not much has changed from what you said.
    Well - I did revise my signature as requested... LOL

Originally, I had just the first part (in blue) and it was pointing to www.efilive.com. I believe the same someone you mentioned is the one who was complaining....

Well, over at http://www.ls1.com.au/ there are no favorites played. Even though HPT affiliates are sponsors, EFILive has a very good following. Also know of at least two mods there that use EFILive.

Simon....

Lifetime Member

I try to rep EFILive on trailvoy.com and tbssowners.com but its tricky, the first one is for all TrailBlazers/Envoys/etc and most guys are perfectly content with a mail-order tune. The second is the TBSS forum, but only a few guys use EFILive, most use HPTuners as some of the supporting vendors over there are HPT dealers.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

The best LS1 tuning software, period...
    Now that's funny right there!!

Those NAZIs on LS1Tech and PT.net...

It's funny you mention this about EFILive, because I got into a brawl with them about EFILive 3-years ago. I think this was prior to Fish importing/carrying the product here, but I mentioned on PT.net in a post that I knew someone who was about to buy EFILive retail and that anyone who was also thinking of doing the same contact him so that they could split the shipping costs from New Zealand, and was banned for "trying to organize an unauthorized group buy". So I get crucified for trying to be a helpful guy.

Those sites do not serve to help or advance the automotive hobby or industry at all, the owners and mods of those sites are self-serving parasites maintaining a virtual vertical monopoly with a hostile anti-competitive environment to herd as many 'sheeple' as possible to a few 'approved' vendors. There are better forums out there; those two sites have done nothing but promote anti-choice/competition in the industry.

Mr. P.
    Last edited by Mr. P.; May 25th, 2011 at 02:56 AM.
    2003 Silverado SS, with Novi-1500 "CAI mod"
    EFILive V 7.5 COS-3 (OLSD, for now!)

It is an honour and distinction for an individual to get banned from ls1tech.

[ disclaimer: don't get yourself banned... you don't have to butt heads with them, everyone already knows the truth ]

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    It is an honour and distinction for an individual to get banned from ls1tech.

[ disclaimer: don't get yourself banned... you don't have to butt heads with them, everyone already knows the truth ]
    Oh. Thanks. LOL

BUT do I get 'special mention' because I got banned on my very first PT.NET thread post?! hahahaha
    2003 Silverado SS, with Novi-1500 "CAI mod"
    EFILive V 7.5 COS-3 (OLSD, for now!)

Well - I did revise my signature as requested... LOL

Originally, I had just the first part (in blue) and it was pointing to www.efilive.com. I believe the same someone you mentioned is the one who was complaining....
    I saw that and wondered how long you would get away with that signature. Next time maybe Banned Camp? LOL
    2015 Z06 A8

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast