Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: EFI Live not an LS1Tech.com sponsor?

I think I'm good. Link points to a sponsor's site now...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P. View Post
    Those sites do not serve to help or advance the automotive hobby or industry at all, the owners and mods of those sites are self-serving parasites maintaining a virtual vertical monopoly with a hostile anti-competitive environment to herd as many 'sheeple' as possible to a few 'approved' vendors. There are better forums out there; those two sites have done nothing but promote anti-choice/competition in the industry.
    Yes, many of them are just a business, what they do is no different to what you see on TV where some guy in the background is wearing a Pepsi t-shirt and they blur the logo out because the show is sponsored by Coke.
    We sponsor a number of Diesel forums and they seem to be a lot better in this regard than what LS1Tech is.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P. View Post
    Oh. Thanks. LOL

BUT do I get 'special mention' because I got banned on my very first PT.NET thread post?! hahahaha
    Banned on post #1 is special, that's like a Medal of Honor.

I personally think it is a good thing that EFI Live is not a sponsor as I would end up having to spend more of my free time defending EFI Live to all the idiots that are on there!!!
    I just got into a minor pissing contest with a guy on the Monodax.com forum about how EFI Live is useless and how Tunercats is the best all around tuning suite avalaible. After his last post (Team ZR-1)I really do not know how to respond, he even managed to blame me for our president!!!???? It is people like him that make me wonder why..............
    Take a look for yourself... http://www.monodax.com/forums/tunerc...s-so-high.html. Unfortunate thing is people believe 'preachers' like this dude and take his word for gospel!!! GRRRR!!!!

Mike
    Current toys are as follows:
    1961 Chevrolet Corvair Monza, 145 H6/powerglide. 85 HP of raw fury.... slow and stock and staying that way!
    1969 GMC 2500, 4-53T Detroit diesel/Fuller 10 speed on late model 1500 HD frame
    1970 GMC 9500, 6-71 Detroit/Fuller 13 speed, not sure why I bought it, but it sure is noisy!!!
    1975 Ford F100 shortbed. Currently undergoing Crown Vic subframe swap and EFI 4.6!!!
    1975 Chevrolet Vega, 5.3/200-4R may finish someday, maybe...

Lifetime Member

That dude an idiot, user knowledge is 90% of tuning. Dont know what a table does, dont be an idiot and add 100% to it right away and then watch your engine blow sky high. Tuning programs are fancy GUIs that make hex changes. Doesnt make them any less important, if we were back in the 80s and had to use hex editors to tune it would take a week to tune a car vs a few hours with a modern program.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

That same guy has an "illustrious history" :snide/sarcasm: on a few other forums.

Quote Originally Posted by schwoch1 View Post
    After his last post (Team ZR-1)I really do not know how to respond, he even managed to blame me for our president!!!????
    Ah yes, the same guy that once claimed EFILive and HPTuners were in some collaboration on telling tuners they must run in SD mode to sell more product and that modifying the VE table was a pointless exercise.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I had an exchange with that delightful fellow as well. However, it had nothing to do with EFILive. I've stopped visiting that site since it's difficult to get through some of the egos and extract much useful information.

Unfortunately, this guy thinks he's god when it comes to tuning anything with 4 wheels. Basically he pisses and moans about all other scan tools that are out there, proclaiming that his scan tool of choice(Ease PC scan tool) is head and shoulders above everything else that was even thought of in the last 20 years. I will admit that the EASE scan tool is the cats ass when it comes to diagnostics, but it is 1000% overkill for 99% of the tuning public out there!!! I will say that there are some talented individuals on there, then there are some real doozies also, not nearly as bad as LS1tech though!!!
    Thanks!!!

Mike
    Current toys are as follows:
    1961 Chevrolet Corvair Monza, 145 H6/powerglide. 85 HP of raw fury.... slow and stock and staying that way!
    1969 GMC 2500, 4-53T Detroit diesel/Fuller 10 speed on late model 1500 HD frame
    1970 GMC 9500, 6-71 Detroit/Fuller 13 speed, not sure why I bought it, but it sure is noisy!!!
    1975 Ford F100 shortbed. Currently undergoing Crown Vic subframe swap and EFI 4.6!!!
    1975 Chevrolet Vega, 5.3/200-4R may finish someday, maybe...

I dont know how that idiot (Team ZR1) still breathing. (The man upstairs must have a wicked sense of humour)
    The Tremor at AIR

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast