I started playing around with my truck tonight on the dyno and could not get it to stay in 4th gear. I don't have much experience with autos so I have been trying to read up as much as I can. Here is what I tried:
1. Tried using the DVT in the scan tool and locking it in 4th - still downshifted
2. Tried to lock the TCC in the DVT - Error message that the trans must be in neutral
3. Used Tow/Haul mode - still downshifted
**All of these were tried with the trans in the manual shifting mode. Does this need to be in Drive for the DVT settings to work????

Looking at my log, it looked like the first downshift from 4->3 was at 41 MPH which matched up with the values in table {D1001} I tried adjusting them for all gears up to 100MPH to try and keep it from downshifting. Still downshifted

Are there any suggestions on what needs to be changed? Ideally I would like to do it with the scantool only so I wouldn't have to license a vehicle everytime I want to put a vehicle on the dyno.

Also, is there a way to log what gear you are in? I searched the PID's and could not find a way to log this. With all the shifting it was doing, it was hard to tell what gear I was in half the time. The TUTD feature would not always put it in the gear I wanted

Thanks,
Matt