Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Public Release June 03, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
    I'm trying to do the procedure on the page "Upgrading FlashScan & AutoCal Bootblock and Firmware Versions" but not having any luck. I'm a complete noob at this, so bear with me, please.

I've gotten to step 4 where I'm supposed to be seeing an image of my FlashScan V2 in the FlashScan and AutoCal Device Settings screen in the bottom right corner, but I see no such thing. All I see are a row of icons representing Open, Save, Read, Program, and Close. There is an icon of the V2 in the lower right hand corner of my desktop, but when I click on that I get an error message saying "No device connected". Now I can load up v7.5 and see the V2 just fine, showing my my license numbers, but in the Scan and Tune V8, it appears that it does not recognize my V2 at all.

I'm assuming I'm just missing something obvious because this is the first time I have run this procedure. But sure would be nice to have a little "hand holding" to walk me through...

Oh, I'm running Win XP on my laptop, btw.
    Hi Rich,

Try this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tordne View Post
    Can you please try this suggestion from THIS THREAD? It basically gets you to install the old driver version to see if that resolves the issue. Please let us know the results.

Lifetime Member

Hi,
    Any plans to integrate the DVT features in the V2 BB? I use the V2 almost exclusively for logging and flashing so it would be a very handy feature. Better yet; how about a droid phone mobile app for the scan tool? That would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Jr View Post
    I get this too, but it is random and seems only to be on the 7.5 tune software.
    I had this problem, I did a complete uninstall and then reinstalled the program. Never had the problem again.

Quote Originally Posted by DrkPhx View Post
    Hi,
    Any plans to integrate the DVT features in the V2 BB?
    Yes, but it's hard to do on an LCD like Flashscan has vs ease of use. There is other things we need to get finished off first that V2 and Autocal before DVT features.

Quote Originally Posted by DrkPhx View Post
    how about a droid phone mobile app for the scan tool? That would be awesome.
    Not much chance of that I'm sorry.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    Check out the document that does the hand holding, it is available from the Windows Start menu:
    Start->All Programs->EFILive->V8->Documents->Upgrading Firmware

Important: If the firmware in V2 is V2.04.71 or earlier, you must update to V2.04.72 before attempting any other firmware updates.

Regards
    Paul
    Yes! That helped. I think I'm on track now...

Thanks for your help.

CorvetteFlorida.com

2002 Corvette Z06
    427 RHS block built by LME
    STS rear mounted twin turbos
    It nearly died on the operating table, but I'm bringing her back.

Lifetime Member

Found a bug: Invalid pointer option.

Open V8 S&T, F5:BBX, F5: DTCs, uncheck any of the options, then Close the BBX settings. Click No when prompted to save, will return this error everytime.

Also just checked and it appears modifying any of the BBX settings and either saving or not saving the changes will give this error too.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Found a bug: Invalid pointer option.

Open V8 S&T, F5:BBX, F5: DTCs, uncheck any of the options, then Close the BBX settings. Click No when prompted to save, will return this error everytime.

Also just checked and it appears modifying any of the BBX settings and either saving or not saving the changes will give this error too.
    Not able to reproduce that here - yet :(
    Can you send me (paul@efilive.com) the file that is loaded when you open the BBX page? (the file name is shown in the title bar).

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Default dtc descriptions/editing

why arent the dtc descriptions available on my black box anymore and when am i gonna be able to view and edit illumination commands for DTC's on 06-07 5.9's.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SGFastMax View Post
    why arent the dtc descriptions available on my black box anymore and when am i gonna be able to view and edit illumination commands for DTC's on 06-07 5.9's.
    You need to make sure the relevant dtc description files are selected in the BBX configuration.

Regards
    Paul
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dtc_descriptions.PNG 
Views:	166 
Size:	200.9 KB 
ID:	11058  
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    You need to make sure the relevant dtc description files are selected in the BBX configuration.

Regards
    Paul
    ok, but why isnt the dtc list in the cummins tuning like it is in all other tuning?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast