Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Public Release June 03, 2011

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Default Public Release June 03, 2011

The EFILive V7.5 and V8 software is available for download.

This release includes the 5.9 Cummins Scanning and Tuning support.
    Read more about the Cummins features here:
    http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....Public-Release

Download here:
    http://www.efilive.com/index.php?opt...=48&Itemid=133

Auto Update:
    The Auto Update option will be activated on Monday June 06 US time. Until then you need to download and install the software manually.
    Once the Auto Update option is activated your system will see it as a new update and download and install it, regardless of whether you have downloaded and installed this release manually or not.

Known Issues:

Issue 1:
    During installation of the V7.5 software the file \My Documents\EFILive\V7.5\User Configuration\cal_summary.txt is not updated with the latest Cummins calibration summary data. Please edit that file using Notepad and append the following text (if it is not already present):
    [CMB]
    B9999=.
    That calibration summary displays the tune file analysis of a Cummins tune file and whether or not it is safe to flash. Please double-check all Cummins tune files using the V7.5 Tuning Tool before flashing.
    Issue 2:
    During installation some V8 configuration files are not being updated/overwritten with the latest configuration data. Until we fix that, it is highly recommended that you delete the entire V8 installation folder, then re-install the V8 software. The V8 installation folder is:

• (on Windows 32-bit) C:\Program Files\EFILive\V8
    • (on Windows 64-Bit) C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V8
    Issue 3:
    User defined *.cax files are not being loaded by V7.5. Unfortunately, there is no temporary workaround. It will be fixed in the next update which was due June 06, 2011, but has now been pushed back at least 24 hours.
    Reporting Issues:
    If you discover any serious problems/faults, please create a support case here:
    http://support.efilive.com/
    If you discover simple/trivial issues, please make a note of them in this thread.

What's new in this update:

V7.5.7 Build 164 (June 03, 2011)

• Updated E37, E38, E39, E67 and E78 ECM calibration support.
    • Updated P10 (LL8) calibration support.
    • Added Cruze Turbo E78 OS 12645607.
    • Added new E37 OS 12628830 for Chinese Buick market.
    • Fixed scan-tune calibration feedback link for E40 table B0146.
    • Selecting a new controller from the File menu in the Scan Tool should now load the appropriate enhanced PIDs (either Cummins or GM).
    • Fixed metric/imperial conversion errors on some calibrations in E38, E67, E39 and E78 controllers.
    • Fixed floating point fractional values being truncated after being modified.
    • Fixed metric/imperial conversions for tables with modifiable axis values.
    • Fixed LS1B DMA PID GM.VETABLE_DMA which was showing 100x the correct value.
    • Added warning to Cummins calibration screen that indicates whether a file is safe to flash or not, if still flashed the flash will fail with error code $0301.
    • Optimized start-up license/registration detection when a FlashScan/AutoCal device is not connected.
    • FlashScan V1 Authorization code is now generated for all non-scan-only devices.

V8.2.1 Build 155 (June 03, 2011)

• EFILive V8 can now open V7.5 *.tun files directly (no save option for *.tun is planned).
    • Added "don't show this again" option to flash warnings for V8.
    • Added "I have read the warning" option to flash warnings for V8.
    • Added new "Open File Location" option on right-click context menu for the MRU file lists in the main V8 Scan and Tune window.
    • Added file name length check when copying files to FlashScan/AutoCal using EFILive Explorer. File names are limited to 63 characters, including the \EFILive\...\... prefix.
    • Added option to double-check that files being copied to FlashScan\AutoCal "Tune" folders have a *.ctd extension.
    • Added option to prevent users accidentally copying shortcuts to AutoCal/FlashScan.
    • EFILive Explorer now remembers and returns to the last used folder each time it is started.
    • EFILive Explorer now remembers and restores the column widths of the upper (PC based) file list.

FlashScan/AutoCal Firmware V2.07.11 (Jun 03, 2011)

• SD Card support fixed for 8/16/32 GB cards.
    • Added option to allow BBL logging to continue even if PIDs cannot be validated.
    • Fixed FJO Gen-2 Lambda and EQRatio displays that were incorrect by a factor of 10.
    • Changed Serial LED to flash at 1Hz when serial data is received.
    • Fixed BBL not starting under certain conditions, usually when only 1 or 2 PIDs were selected.
    • Updated, Microsoft signed USB drivers to 2.4.18 (Mar 18, 2011) for WinXP, Vista and Win7.

Regards
    Paul
    Last edited by Blacky; June 8th, 2011 at 09:44 AM.
    Before asking for help, please read this.

I don't know if its a problem or just not activated yet, but Auto Update did not work for me. Downloaded files and update went fine.
    Last edited by Ninety8C5; June 3rd, 2011 at 05:50 AM.

is it necessary to install the drivers listed on the download software page which are dated june 3, 2011? I have tried to download them and when i click on the driver it asks open or save. i select open and it causes internet explorer to flash the screen and open a million times. should i rather save them somewhere?

ok just read the old quick start guide and it says they are automatically installed with vista which i have

Lifetime Member

Where can we get Cummins files to play with. ??

-Justin

Lifetime Member

What years are going to need the new V2 hardware ??

-Justin

Lifetime Member

Right now the 5.9 Cummins that went public today can be tuned using ANY V2 (provided you have the Cummins tuning option purchased), the blue case V2s are designed to communicate on the older 5.9 Cummins SCI bus. Not sure exactly on the years, but I think 03-05?
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninety8C5 View Post
    I don't know if its a problem or just not activated yet, but Auto Update did not work for me. Downloaded files and update went fine.
    The Auto Update option will be activated on Monday US time.
    Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by cumminsDK View Post
    is it necessary to install the drivers listed on the download software page which are dated june 3, 2011? I have tried to download them and when i click on the driver it asks open or save. i select open and it causes internet explorer to flash the screen and open a million times. should i rather save them somewhere?

ok just read the old quick start guide and it says they are automatically installed with vista which i have
    Correct, you don't need to download and install the new FlashScan/AutoCal USB drivers separately. The new drivers will be automatically installed when you install the latest V7.5 or V8 software on XP, Vista or 7.
    We provide the drivers separately just in case anyone needs to upgrade or downgrade their USB drivers for some reason (maybe for compatibility reasons with other USB devices on your system that don't play nice with the new drivers - although that is highly unlikely).

The drivers listed as (for Windows 2000) are also valid for Windows XP, Vista and 7. That version is just the old driver version that has been in use for the past 3 years. There is no new driver available for Windows 2000 which is why it is listed separately.

Regards
    Paul

Lifetime Member

Do you have to buy the cummins tuning option to edit cummins files ?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast