So I've been waiting to get my hands on a turbo Cruze to "spank" it real good and see. The numbers don't look very promising and several techs have mentioned it's "slow as balls" but I'm just curious how much if any potential it has. I like the Ecotec and I feel it's well built and anything small with a turbo has at least some potential. And it's supported. The Cruze is not bad, it's solid and comfy and high tech. It's true about how slow it is though. So I went to the roof of the parking garage to do some launches and "burnouts" and this is what I found (wow big suprise I know). It's an automatic, and with TC on it will only stall to just over 1k and launch and accelerate pathetically slow. But with TC off, it stalls to 2500, and actually turns over the tires some and takes off with much more guts. You can almost even hear some boost. Almost. So there may be potential to turn a maybe 17-16 second car into a low 15 or high 14?? That would almost be respectable, plus it gets great mileage. Can't wait to pull a cal. on one. And the Sonic are all coming with that engine and all stickshift... just some thoughs.