Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Issues on the first day with efi live...

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    I'm not sure how the script file got to be version 08.02.33, the installer should have installed version 08.02.34.

To force the installer to install the latest files, delete the entire V8 installation folder
    C:\Program Files\EFILive\V8 (or C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V8 on 64 bit Windows) and then re-run the installation.

Then re-check the version of the CMB_R.obj script file, it should be 08.02.34

Regards
    Paul
    Ok, that worked. I'm currently about 3:57 away from seeing if my previous box tune did infact, return the truck to stock like it said it did.

Thank you for all your help!

Quote Originally Posted by chizwizdiz View Post
    Ok, that worked. I'm currently about 3:57 away from seeing if my previous box tune did infact, return the truck to stock like it said it did.

Thank you for all your help!
    Well at least I can read the ECM now, but that box tune just isn't letting go. lol!

Just some info... I successfully read and flashed my truck with a tune. Then went to flash a different tune and got what the original poster's error code $0311. Computer did not freeze though. So I exited out scan and tune, reopened and attempted to flash new tune in again. It worked with no problems. Just food for thought, but boy was it sure the longest 5 minutes of my life trying to flash it again after that error code!!! Especially before taking a 600 mile family vacation tomorrow!

Thanks guys.

Andrew
    06 5.9L, EFILive / Silver Bullet Tuning
    06 LBZ, EFILive

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR View Post
    Just some info... I successfully read and flashed my truck with a tune. Then went to flash a different tune and got what the original poster's error code $0311. Computer did not freeze though. So I exited out scan and tune, reopened and attempted to flash new tune in again. It worked with no problems. Just food for thought, but boy was it sure the longest 5 minutes of my life trying to flash it again after that error code!!! Especially before taking a 600 mile family vacation tomorrow!

Thanks guys.

Andrew
    Can you please send the most recent *.htx files from this folder:
    \My Documents\EFILive\V8\Trace

By "most recent" I mean the ones that would have been created by both the most recent unsuccessful and successful attempts to flash the truck.
    With both successful and unsuccessful trace file we may be able to determine the conditions under which it fails.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

I'm not sure how the script file got to be version 08.02.33, the installer should have installed version 08.02.34.

To force the installer to install the latest files, delete the entire V8 installation folder
    C:\Program Files\EFILive\V8 (or C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V8 on 64 bit Windows) and then re-run the installation.

Then re-check the version of the CMB_R.obj script file, it should be 08.02.34

Regards
    Paul

I had the same file version. Going to delete and re-install ASAP. will keep you posted.

thanks

*Edit* worked so far, able to read and modify tunes...hopefully the reprogramming goes smooth
    Last edited by skneeland; June 4th, 2011 at 05:21 PM.

Can you please send the most recent *.htx files from this folder:
    \My Documents\EFILive\V8\Trace

By "most recent" I mean the ones that would have been created by both the most recent unsuccessful and successful attempts to flash the truck.
    With both successful and unsuccessful trace file we may be able to determine the conditions under which it fails.

Regards
    Paul
    Done. Thanks, Andrew
    06 LBZ, EFILive

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Thanks for the files. Can you confirm that all those files are from read/flash attempts on the same truck?
    Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Yes they are Paul.

-Andrew
    06 LBZ, EFILive

Has the truck been flashed with EFILive before?
    Regards
    Paul
    The trucks files have only been read by efi live before. I read them and sent them in while you were doing beta testing
    06 Dodge RCLB 2500 5.9L Hamilton, Maxxspool, Wicked Diesels, Bullseye Power, Industrial Injection, South Bend Clutch, Amsoil, K&N, ARP,EFILive, T&C Diesel, ATS, GDP...

What if I were to attempt to flash the truck with a stock file obtained from another 06? Im not sure if that would work, because apparently it cant gain access to the ecm eeven to read the stock file?
    06 Dodge RCLB 2500 5.9L Hamilton, Maxxspool, Wicked Diesels, Bullseye Power, Industrial Injection, South Bend Clutch, Amsoil, K&N, ARP,EFILive, T&C Diesel, ATS, GDP...

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast