Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Issues on the first day with efi live...

Hmm, wonder if it has anything to do w/ boxs that can adjust on the fly, and not an inline box under the hood, but rather a downloader. Anyone have any idea what that error means or what causes it?

On a different note, made my first tune this evening, just trying to smooth out a few things in the stock file and play w/ throttle response and fuel up top, just a few quick changes. Truck took the tune and definately can feel the changes. Goal number one is getting rid of the rattle from dual pumps and flux 5.1s under daily driving situations. This is going to totally change the dodge world w/ time.

Quote Originally Posted by Truck Source View Post
    Anyone else get the same $0311 code from pod or ssr, and not from another kind of box? Maybe we can find a trend as to what trucks need to be reflashed first.
    I would suggest the box tuners that will give trouble are those that have modified the Cummins ECM operating system to give on the fly switching features. The problem boils down to the extra code they have written to the ECM to make the extra functions work cannot be read out, so what EFILive can read is basically an incomplete file to make the ECM run. The $0311 error is the ECM sending a response back to EFILive at the end of the flash to say the reflash did not complete as expected, it knows there is data missing (the stuff we can't read).

Thankfully it doesn't mean a dead truck and using a standard Cummins tune to get up and running again is the answer.

Blame should not be put on these box tuners, it's just a restriction of the Cummins ECM architecture, what is annoying is when a user tells the box tuner to return the ECM back to stock and it does not.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

yeah, makes total sense what youre saying about the on the fly stuff. Its good EFI has the capability to flash a stock file back to the truck.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    I would suggest the box tuners that will give trouble are those that have modified the Cummins ECM operating system to give on the fly switching features. The problem boils down to the extra code they have written to the ECM to make the extra functions work cannot be read out, so what EFILive can read is basically an incomplete file to make the ECM run. The $0311 error is the ECM sending a response back to EFILive at the end of the flash to say the reflash did not complete as expected, it knows there is data missing (the stuff we can't read).

Thankfully it doesn't mean a dead truck and using a standard Cummins tune to get up and running again is the answer.

Blame should not be put on these box tuners, it's just a restriction of the Cummins ECM architecture, what is annoying is when a user tells the box tuner to return the ECM back to stock and it does not.
    I just got this error trying to flash from one EFILive tune to another. Truck has never had an on-the-fly tuner on it.

Second time the tune loaded successfully, but when I start the truck, the lights flash and the horn honks.

Third time's the charm. That was weird.
    Last edited by monkeybrain; June 18th, 2011 at 07:08 AM.
    2007 5.9 QC 48RE 4x4

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678