Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Issues on the first day with efi live...

Default Issues on the first day with efi live...

Ok, so i received my licenses, and the cummins tuning upgrade, and I have entered them in the appropriate places as per the instructions sent in the email from dans diesel performance. The issue is that once I open an efi live program, the windows on the computer will not close unless i unplug the V2 from the computer. As soon as I do, the windows close and everything functions properly. The other issue is that when I plug into the truck to try and read the factory calibration, it will connect, and say:

Executing: C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V8\Config\CMB_R.obj
    Virtual Machine Started
    Script Loaded
    Script Verified
    Reading...
    Checking Data File...
    Script exited with code $0311: Mode Not Supported ($11)

I have updated the efi live both 7.5 build 164 and 8.2.1 build 155. Also I have updated the firmware to the most recent one. Any suggestions on what I should do? Help would be greatly appreciated.
    06 Dodge RCLB 2500 5.9L Hamilton, Maxxspool, Wicked Diesels, Bullseye Power, Industrial Injection, South Bend Clutch, Amsoil, K&N, ARP,EFILive, T&C Diesel, ATS, GDP...

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Can you please email me all the *.htx trace files from the folder \My Documents\EFILive\V8\Trace
    Send them to me at paul@efilive.com
    Include the URL at the top of this page in the email so I can correlate the email with this post.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

My Scan Serial number is the same as his, so I'll be very interested in this topic before I try anything this evening when I get home.
    06 5.9L, EFILive / Silver Bullet Tuning
    06 LBZ, EFILive

Email sent! Thanks for the fast reply.
    06 Dodge RCLB 2500 5.9L Hamilton, Maxxspool, Wicked Diesels, Bullseye Power, Industrial Injection, South Bend Clutch, Amsoil, K&N, ARP,EFILive, T&C Diesel, ATS, GDP...

I was having the same problem. I exited the program, tried again and it read it. I'm having other problems, but I'll start another thread.

same problem here

getting "script file not supported" when i try to read the ECM

emailing you the trace files as well

Glad to hear its not just me. Also, I did try another truck, and it worked instantly on it. However, when I read the file and make the slightest change to it, it says that the values are out of range, and that efi live will not flash it. So now I have one truck that will do pretty much nothing but read the file, and another one that wont read at all. The scan tool does work partially, however, on both trucks.

I just tried to shut off the post injection as a test and was able to save it. I don't think it will flash to my truck because it says "incomplete, do not flash".

Quote Originally Posted by chizwizdiz View Post
    I just tried to shut off the post injection as a test and was able to save it. I don't think it will flash to my truck because it says "incomplete, do not flash".
    If you flash that file you will almost certainly get a no-start condition, which is why the warning is shown. The existing calibration is almost certainly a result of using another tuning tool previously. You will need to get a stock file before making changes and flashing.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Quote Originally Posted by Tordne View Post
    If you flash that file you will almost certainly get a no-start condition, which is why the warning is shown. The existing calibration is almost certainly a result of using another tuning tool previously. You will need to get a stock file before making changes and flashing.
    Roger that. I uninstalled the previous tuner (as complete as I thought) but I still get that message. I didn't plan on flashing the tune I just modified, I was just curious to see if I could modify any tables, as well as save the file.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast