Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Issues on the first day with efi live...

Can you please send your 'returned to stock' file to support@efilive.com , obviously if it's not being returned to stock 100% then we have a problem
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CIDRAUGHN View Post
    However, when I read the file and make the slightest change to it, it says that the values are out of range, and that efi live will not flash it.
    Can you please send that file to me at paul@efilive.com
    Thanks

The scan tool does work partially, however, on both trucks.
    What part(s) of the scan tool do not work?

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by skneeland View Post
    same problem here

getting "script file not supported" when i try to read the ECM

emailing you the trace files as well
    Are you trying to read it using V8 pass-thru reading to a PC, or using the FlashScan as a stand-alone device?
    If you're using FlashScan as a stand-alone device, make sure you have downloaded and installed the V8 software and that you have updated the script files on your FlashScan device and that the FlashScan device's firmware is up to date with the latest firmware from the V8 software.

Regards
    Paul

What part(s) of the scan tool do not work?

Regards
    Paul[/QUOTE]

I am having problems accessing some of the PIDs such as commanded RP, and actual RP. That is most of the problem that I am having.
    06 Dodge RCLB 2500 5.9L Hamilton, Maxxspool, Wicked Diesels, Bullseye Power, Industrial Injection, South Bend Clutch, Amsoil, K&N, ARP,EFILive, T&C Diesel, ATS, GDP...

email with stock tune sent.
    06 Dodge RCLB 2500 5.9L Hamilton, Maxxspool, Wicked Diesels, Bullseye Power, Industrial Injection, South Bend Clutch, Amsoil, K&N, ARP,EFILive, T&C Diesel, ATS, GDP...

Mine worked!!
    06 5.9L, EFILive / Silver Bullet Tuning
    06 LBZ, EFILive

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Can you please send your 'returned to stock' file to support@efilive.com , obviously if it's not being returned to stock 100% then we have a problem

Email sent. For what it's worth, I have heard of trucks tuned with a bullydog being a bit more difficult to return to stock.

Mine has had smarty s06 and smarty SSR on it, however it is returned to stock, and the truck that has read successfully has had both s06 and SSR on it as well.

Ok, I tried a different computer, and it now goes very smoothly, including reading the factory ecm. That is only on the truck that worked previously, I have not tried the other one yet. However, when I try to flash even the stock program, I get the message "error, The currently loaded calibration contains one or more incorrect segment checksums. EFILIVE cannot guarantee the integrity of the file and will not allow this calibration to be reflashed into a ECM. Also, when I bring up the flash screen, and click "check status" it attempts 10 times, and displays an error message saying that status is unknown.

I did check the firmware, and for firmware i have version 2.07.11, and bootblock version 2.07.02

Ok, I tried a different computer, and it now goes very smoothly, including reading the factory ecm. That is only on the truck that worked previously, I have not tried the other one yet. However, when I try to flash even the stock program, I get the message "error, The currently loaded calibration contains one or more incorrect segment checksums. EFILIVE cannot guarantee the integrity of the file and will not allow this calibration to be reflashed into a ECM. Also, when I bring up the flash screen, and click "check status" it attempts 10 times, and displays an error message saying that status is unknown.

I did check the firmware, and for firmware i have version 2.07.11, and bootblock version 2.07.02
    Do you mean you are attempting to flash it using V7.5? That won't work, you must use V8 to flash a Cummins.
    Can you please send the file that shows the checksum errors to me at paul@efilive.com (so far, of all the files I've received today none of them have shown "bad checksums" so I probably don't have it)

Regards
    Paul

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast