Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Issues on the first day with efi live...

I have the flashing figured out on another computer, and the first two as well after completely reloading the software. However, I am still getting the same message when attempting to read the stock file on my first truck. Im wondering if my ecm isnt supported in this release, but the other truck that i have had success with has the same build date as mine. Maybe the SSR isnt returning it to stock?
    06 Dodge RCLB 2500 5.9L Hamilton, Maxxspool, Wicked Diesels, Bullseye Power, Industrial Injection, South Bend Clutch, Amsoil, K&N, ARP,EFILive, T&C Diesel, ATS, GDP...

The message i receive when trying to read my stock file says... "Mode not supported ($11)"
    Paul, I sent all the htx files in the trace folder when I sent them to you the first time.
    06 Dodge RCLB 2500 5.9L Hamilton, Maxxspool, Wicked Diesels, Bullseye Power, Industrial Injection, South Bend Clutch, Amsoil, K&N, ARP,EFILive, T&C Diesel, ATS, GDP...

still the same problem here, it gets to this point:

Executing: C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V8\Config\CMB_R.obj
    Virtual Machine Started

then error message pops up "script file not supported by this software version"

I tried a different computer, re-installed the software as Admin. ran the software as Admin. Everything updated to the latest version possible

Quote Originally Posted by skneeland View Post
    still the same problem here, it gets to this point:

Executing: C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V8\Config\CMB_R.obj
    Virtual Machine Started

then error message pops up "script file not supported by this software version"

I tried a different computer, re-installed the software as Admin. ran the software as Admin. Everything updated to the latest version possible
    I'm getting the same message (as above) now.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

The message "script file not supported by this software version" should only occur if/when the software version and the script file version are not compatible. For the current release, the software version is V8.2.1.155 and the script file version is 08.02.34. Follow the instructions below to verify/validate the version number of the files that have been installed (or failed to install) on your system.

Check the version of the V8 software and make sure it shows V8.2.1. Build 155 on the main screen as per the first image below.

Check the version of the C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V8\EFILive_VM.dll file, to do that right click on it and select Properties, then select the Details page (or the Version page if you're using WinXP). Make sure the version number shows as 8.2.1.155 as per the second image below

Check the version of the CMB_R.obj script file, to do that run Notepad and from within Notepad open the script file C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V8\Config\CMB_R.obj. Make sure the version number is 08.02.34 as shown in the third image below. Close Notepad without modifying or saving the file.

IMPORTANT: Do not attempt to modify or save the script file while viewing it in Notepad, it will corrupt the file. Only use Notepad to view the version number.

Regards
    Paul
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	V8Version.png 
Views:	221 
Size:	66.8 KB 
ID:	11039   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	V8DllVersion.png 
Views:	251 
Size:	30.5 KB 
ID:	11040   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ScriptVersionNotePad.png 
Views:	238 
Size:	55.4 KB 
ID:	11038  
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by CIDRAUGHN View Post
    The message i receive when trying to read my stock file says... "Mode not supported ($11)"
    Paul, I sent all the htx files in the trace folder when I sent them to you the first time.
    Has the truck been flashed with EFILive before?
    Regards
    Paul

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screen shot EFI.jpg 
Views:	296 
Size:	163.0 KB 
ID:	11044
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    The message "script file not supported by this software version" should only occur if/when the software version and the script file version are not compatible. For the current release, the software version is V8.2.1.155 and the script file version is 08.02.34. Follow the instructions below to verify/validate the version number of the files that have been installed (or failed to install) on your system.

Check the version of the V8 software and make sure it shows V8.2.1. Build 155 on the main screen as per the first image below.

Check the version of the C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V8\EFILive_VM.dll file, to do that right click on it and select Properties, then select the Details page (or the Version page if you're using WinXP). Make sure the version number shows as 8.2.1.155 as per the second image below

Check the version of the CMB_R.obj script file, to do that run Notepad and from within Notepad open the script file C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V8\Config\CMB_R.obj. Make sure the version number is 08.02.34 as shown in the third image below. Close Notepad without modifying or saving the file.

IMPORTANT: Do not attempt to modify or save the script file while viewing it in Notepad, it will corrupt the file. Only use Notepad to view the version number.

Regards
    Paul
    Paul-

The first two checks were ok. I couldn't get the last check complete, I've attached a screen shot.

Josh

Quote Originally Posted by chizwizdiz View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screen shot EFI.jpg 
Views:	296 
Size:	163.0 KB 
ID:	11044

Paul-

The first two checks were ok. I couldn't get the last check complete, I've attached a screen shot.

Josh
    Change the drop down list where it says "Text Documents (*.txt)" to "All Files (*.*)".
    Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    Change the drop down list where it says "Text Documents (*.txt)" to "All Files (*.*)".
    Regards
    Paul
    Ok, that worked, thank you. My screen displayed 08.02.33

Thanks,

Josh

Quote Originally Posted by chizwizdiz View Post
    Ok, that worked, thank you. My screen displayed 08.02.33

Thanks,

Josh
    I'm not sure how the script file got to be version 08.02.33, the installer should have installed version 08.02.34.

To force the installer to install the latest files, delete the entire V8 installation folder
    C:\Program Files\EFILive\V8 (or C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V8 on 64 bit Windows) and then re-run the installation.

Then re-check the version of the CMB_R.obj script file, it should be 08.02.34

Regards
    Paul

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast