Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Other problems

Default Other problems

I returned my truck to stock (former Bullydog user) but I'm still getting the B9999 Incomplete, do not flash message. Any suggestions?

Also, a few other problems:

-I have to open V7.5 first before I connect the V2, if I do it the other way around, it will freeze.
    -While I'm lurking around in V7.5 (with the V2 connected), if I want to close out out any window, I have to disconnect the V2 or it will freeze and not respond.

Firmware-2.07.11, BootBlock-2.07.11

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

When you start EFILive without FlashScan V2 connected, then display the Help->About window, what does it show for the Build number and the License level?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HelpAbout.png 
Views:	333 
Size:	120.7 KB 
ID:	11034

One advanced option to try is to revert back to the old USB drivers. To do that you must first uninstall the new USB drivers, then manually install the old drivers.

To uninstall the new drivers:

• Disconnect all EFILive devices.
    • Run the program \Program Files\EFILive\Drivers\Utilities\Remove FDTI USB Drivers\CDMuninstallerGUI.exe
    • Enter a Vendor ID of 0403 and a Product ID of E4A1, then click [Add], then click [Remove Devices]. Wait for the device(s) to be removed and then click [Cancel].

To install the old drivers:
    • Connect FlashScan V2, Windows should indicate that the driver could not be installed for FlashScan V2.
    • Right click My Computer and select Properties, then open the Device Manager.
    • Expand the "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" item (or the "Other Devices" item) and double click on EFILive FlashScan V2.
    • Click on the [Update Driver] button and select the option that allows you to browse your computer for the correct drivers.
    • Browse to the folder: C:\Program Files\EFILive\Drivers\EFILive\Win-2K (that folder contains the old USB drivers for Win2K, WinXP, Vista and Win7).
    • Follow the install wizard until the drivers are installed.

Please post here if downgrading to the old USB drivers fixes the start-up problem.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by chizwizdiz View Post
    I returned my truck to stock (former Bullydog user) but I'm still getting the B9999 Incomplete, do not flash message. Any suggestions?
    Please send the file to me (paul@efilive.com) that you read from your controller after you returned the truck to stock using the Bullydog.
    It is quite likely that the Bullydog device is not returning the truck to 100% stock.

Regards
    Paul

When I open the Help->About window, my screen looks the same as the picture you attached. I will try to install the old drivers now, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    Please send the file to me (paul@efilive.com) that you read from your controller after you returned the truck to stock using the Bullydog.
    It is quite likely that the Bullydog device is not returning the truck to 100% stock.

Regards
    Paul
    Email sent. Thanks!

When you start EFILive without FlashScan V2 connected, then display the Help->About window, what does it show for the Build number and the License level?

One advanced option to try is to revert back to the old USB drivers. To do that you must first uninstall the new USB drivers, then manually install the old drivers.

• Run the program \Program Files\EFILive\Drivers\Utilities\Remove FDTI USB Drivers\CDMuninstallerGUI.exe
    • Enter a Vendor ID of 0403 and a Product ID of E4A1, then click [Add], then click [Remove Devices]. Wait for the device(s) to be removed and then click [Cancel].

• Connect FlashScan V2, Windows should indicate that the driver could not be installed for FlashScan V2.
    • Expand the "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" item (or the "Other Devices" item) and double click on EFILive FlashScan V2.
    • Click on the [Update Driver] button and select the option that allows you to browse your computer for the correct drivers.
    • Browse to the folder: C:\Program Files\EFILive\Drivers\EFILive\Win-2K (that folder contains the old USB drivers for Win2K, WinXP, Vista and Win7).

Please post here if downgrading to the old USB drivers fixes the start-up problem.

Regards
    Paul
    Probably my lack of skills, but I got as far as Run the program \Program Files\EFILive\Drivers. In the drivers folder there were only two folders, EFI Live and Roadrunner. I looked around, but couldn't follow the rest of the file path.

I really appreciate all your help!

For guidance with loading FlashScan drivers please see this knowledgebase article.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Quote Originally Posted by chizwizdiz View Post
    Probably my lack of skills, but I got as far as Run the program \Program Files\EFILive\Drivers. In the drivers folder there were only two folders, EFI Live and Roadrunner. I looked around, but couldn't follow the rest of the file path.

I really appreciate all your help!
    Installing the V7.5 or V8 software should install the \Program Files\EFILive\Drivers\Utilities\ folder. See image.
    Are you positive that folder is not present?
    Note, if you're using Windows 64-bit you'll need to check in \Program Files (x86)\ instead of \Program Files\

Regards
    Paul
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	UninstallFolder.png 
Views:	263 
Size:	119.1 KB 
ID:	11036  

If you're using Vista or Windows 7 you should install EFILive in administrator mode.
    That means right clicking on the installation file you downloaded from EFILive's web site and selecting "Run as Administrator".

Regards
    Paul

• Expand the "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" item (or the "Other Devices" item) EFI was under the "Other Devices", not "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" and double click on EFILive FlashScan V2.

Regards
    Paul
    I installed the old drivers as instructed, and it seems like everything is now working as it should. I tried opening V7.5 first without the V2 connected (success), then connecting the V2, messing around within V7.5 and closing out out and all was successful. I also did have to right click, run as administrator. Doing so displayed the needed folders.

I made a note in your driver installation instructions that I noticed for my application.
    Last edited by chizwizdiz; June 4th, 2011 at 12:34 AM. Reason: I forgot some info

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast