Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Other problems

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    If you're using Vista or Windows 7 you should install EFILive in administrator mode.
    That means right clicking on the installation file you downloaded from EFILive's web site and selecting "Run as Administrator".

Regards
    Paul
    Doing this displayed the folders that I couldn't see initially. Thanks!

So I've re-installed my old box tune, then un-installed the box tune. Now when I try to read the truck it says, "script file not supported by current software version".

Any ideas?

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chizwizdiz View Post
    So I've re-installed my old box tune, then un-installed the box tune. Now when I try to read the truck it says, "script file not supported by current software version".

Any ideas?
    http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....792#post146792
    Read from post #25 onwards.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

It's me again, sorry I'm being such a pain!

I seem to be having a licensing problem now. V7.5>Help>FlashscanV2/AutoCal V2 Vin Licensing>Upgrade. The Cummins section is greyed out. I went to Flash my truck for the first time and went through the normal windows according to the how-to guide. I clicked License and got the error message displayed here. Any ideas?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	license problem.jpg 
Views:	241 
Size:	159.6 KB 
ID:	11068

The Cummins Section is greyed out now because you can't activate it again (you already own the Cummins option).

Before flashing check, in the V7 Tune Tool, that the B9999 Calibration ID on the details page says "OK To Flash". If that is OK then go ahead an try doing the flash in the V8 application.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Roger that. I had to DL a stock tune from compd because I couldn't get the "ok to flash" (box tune wouldn't let go). I found the matching Cal (original-35325853AG, OS-11352409), and DL 35325853AK (11352602), now I'm getting a warning telling me that "Operating system mismatch between file: (11352602) and controller: (11352409)." There is a box to override it, should I override it?

Roger that. I had to DL a stock tune from compd because I couldn't get the "ok to flash" (box tune wouldn't let go). I found the matching Cal (original-35325853AG, OS-11352409), and DL 35325853AK (11352602), now I'm getting a warning telling me that "Operating system mismatch between file: (11352602) and controller: (11352409)." There is a box to override it, should I override it?
    Yes, that's ok to override. We're just adding in the "ok to override" validations for various OS combinations now.

Regards
    Paul

It's me again, sorry I'm being such a pain!

I seem to be having a licensing problem now. V7.5>Help>FlashscanV2/AutoCal V2 Vin Licensing>Upgrade. The Cummins section is greyed out. I went to Flash my truck for the first time and went through the normal windows according to the how-to guide. I clicked License and got the error message displayed here. Any ideas?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	license problem.jpg 
Views:	241 
Size:	159.6 KB 
ID:	11068
    The dialog box in the image is displayed when the controller is in a partially programmed state or in a state where FlashScan cannot determine if it has been licensed or not. Rather than prevent you from flashing a controller when the license state cannot be determined, FlashScan will allow the controller to be flashed - even if it has not been licensed before. After it has been flashed successfully by FlashScan, the next time you attempt to flash it FlashScan will (should) be able to determine the license status. If FlashScan determines that it has not been licensed yet, you will be required to license the controller.

Regards
    Paul

Yes, that's ok to override. We're just adding in the "ok to override" validations for various OS combinations now.

Regards
    Paul
    Thanks Paul, I'm trying it now.

The dialog box in the image is displayed when the controller is in a partially programmed state or in a state where FlashScan cannot determine if it has been licensed or not. Rather than prevent you from flashing a controller when the license state cannot be determined, FlashScan will allow the controller to be flashed - even if it has not been licensed before. After it has been flashed successfully by FlashScan, the next time you attempt to flash it FlashScan will (should) be able to determine the license status. If FlashScan determines that it has not been licensed yet, you will be required to license the controller.

Regards
    Paul
    Got it, it makes sense.

Thanks for all your help EFI Live, I was able to flash-change the VIN-save the tune with my VIN.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast