Thread: v2 firmware not compatable

Default v2 firmware not compatable

i got the update installed and while i'm waiting on the code i figured i would go ahead and pull the stock file off of a truck but i'm not seeing the cummins ecm on the controller list then i opened the scantool and it is on that list but when i tried to connect to the truck it told me my v2 firmware wasnt compatable...i have had my v2 for going on 3 years now and i have never updated the firmware on it because i've never had a need

can anybody tell me what i need to do here. is the cummins controler showing up on everybody elses list?

You need to update your software and firmware and should actually do it regularly.

Please see these knowledgebase articles which relate to software and firmware updates:
    - Software
    - Firmware

For the firmware update especially (as you haven't done it before) youll probably need to follow the section/document at the bottom of the knowledgebase article. The most important thing is that you must upgrade to 2.04.72 before going to 2.05.x and later.

The latest software was release yesterday and is required for Cummins support (or was released specifically to enable the Cummins capability).

Regards,
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Quote Originally Posted by TorqueDieselLLC View Post
    but i'm not seeing the cummins ecm on the controller list then i opened the scantool and it is on that list but when i tried to connect to the truck it told me my v2 firmware wasnt compatable..
    All of what Andrew said, plus it sounds like you are trying to use V7 to read the Cummins, if so, you can't, the Cummins ECM must be read and flashed from the V8 software.
    I would suggest you have a read through the Cummins specific quick start guide that can be downloaded here
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

thanks guys