Thread: unrecognized pcm??

Default unrecognized pcm??

ok i got everything updated and installed and both the tune license and the 2 vin livense everything ready to go....

read the stock files from both of my trucks and saved them...

open my v7.5 tune tool and try to open the files to modify them and this is the error i get....

UNRECOGNIZED PCM

this version of the EFIlive tuning tool has not been configured to display this pcms operationg system

it does this with the stock files from both trucks...am i doing somthing else wrong? one is an 06 and the other a 07 5.9

There is a very good chance we just haven't seen these ECM operating systems, therefore they aren't mapped (UNRECOGNIZED PCM). Mind you for the same person to come across two in as many days is pretty bad odds.
    If you could please Email both tunes to support@efilive.com we'll check it out. If they are not supported it will take us at least 2 or 3 days to get them mapped out for tuning.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

i will send them both in, i understand that there is a good chance that the beta's didnt have these operating systems...i have updated everything to the very latest versions, v7.5 v8 bootloader and firmware even done everything again and still the same error and i havnt seen where anybody else has had the same problem so i will let you check them out and we will go from there, thanks

It would be bad luck indeed to strike two unknown OS's so fast, obviously the beta testers have been reading as many trucks as they can since we started, I think I've got probably 40 stock tunes sent in, all of which are currently supported. Oh, well, I'll let you know what the deal is with your two.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

i will send the files in this afternoon when i get a chance, i'm also going to try a couple more 06 trucks today and see what i get

ok i just sent those reads, let me know what you find out with them, i havnt had a chance to read any other trucks yet

ok it works now thanks for the help efi team it was my fault i guess i didnt install the new 7.5 right

this thred can be deleted

If v7.5 didn't install right, then please make sure your V8 software and V2 firmware are the correct versions for the public release as well.