Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tuning questions..

D0754 would be one that looks related to D0782. But nevermind, I just now saw that the 140 is mm3 and not fuel pressure. I think the Axis Define charts mostly modify how far you can go with the tables later? Like in D0754 if you upped it from 140 mm3 to 160 mm3, you would be able to tune all the way up to 160 mm3 in D0782 instead of being limited to 140. Correct me if I'm wrong. I first discovered this in the Fuel Limiter section.
    '06 2500 Cummins 4x4, Billet Trans, Airdog 150, working on tuning with EFI Live!

Yeah, but if the axis stops at 140mm3 as an example that doesn't mean the ECM doesn't know what to do beyond that, it just means you have no control beyond that point. Same with the RPM tables, if you need control at 4,500 then you should rescale the axis values that high for the tables that you need to modify. EFILive has a nice interpolation function that will blend values between two points for a nice linear line if you are rescaling an axis.
    The only thing to be wary of is when you alter the axis points you need to keep in mind the values in the table stay the same. So the value at what used to be 3,500 RPM, would then become the value at 4,500 RPM.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    The only thing to be wary of is when you alter the axis points you need to keep in mind the values in the table stay the same. So the value at what used to be 3,500 RPM, would then become the value at 4,500 RPM.
    Yeah I learned that one the hard way....couldnt figure why my rail pressure was so high...lol

Thanks
    Les
    Les Szmidt
    2007 5.9 Dodge Ram
    2014 Ram 3500 Aisin tuning Emissions Equipped
    EFI Live Cummins BETA Tester
    Silver Bullet Tuning
    silverbullettuning@gmail.com
    www.youtube.com/ljszmidt
    http://www.facebook.com/SilverBulletTuninig

Ok I've played with it like 4 hours earlier today just with random different changes.. Now I went through and modified nearly everything, mostly smoothened tables and slight increases with some stuff. Like max fuel pressure to 170 or 175, 3 degrees added timing to main injection. Upped the pulse width 5% throughout on the main injection, and more.. Can't wait to test it tomorrow and hope it all works! If it goes smoothly I might start trying to learn how to use the Scan/Logging part of the tuning.
    '06 2500 Cummins 4x4, Billet Trans, Airdog 150, working on tuning with EFI Live!

Quote Originally Posted by 68showngo View Post
    If it goes smoothly I might start trying to learn how to use the Scan/Logging part of the tuning.
    You may come to this conclusion yourself, but the logging is the horse, and the changes are the cart. Become familiar with logging first, if you want to make predictable changes, and avoid making a mess.
    Michael, Systems Engineer 04.5 D-max LLY, Phoenix, Arizona Email
    Custom Tuning Services
    DURAMAX/CUMMINS ECM's TCM's for sale, all years, 20% wholesale discount available
    EFILive's first VGT "Software Wastegate Tune"

Quote Originally Posted by killerbee View Post
    You may come to this conclusion yourself, but the logging is the horse, and the changes are the cart. Become familiar with logging first, if you want to make predictable changes, and avoid making a mess.
    Is there a tutorial somewhere on how to start with the logging?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

In the help section of the software, there should be "scan tool" tutorial. The "art" of logging is something you will develop on your own, but that will get you started looking at pid's and making those baby steps toward a rewarding tune.
    Michael, Systems Engineer 04.5 D-max LLY, Phoenix, Arizona Email
    Custom Tuning Services
    DURAMAX/CUMMINS ECM's TCM's for sale, all years, 20% wholesale discount available
    EFILive's first VGT "Software Wastegate Tune"

Quote Originally Posted by 68showngo View Post
    If it goes smoothly I might start trying to learn how to use the Scan/Logging part of the tuning.
    +1 on what Killerbee said... learn to log first; the importance of logging cannot be stressed enough.

I think I know what you mean because that tune I worked on seems slower than stock.. need to figure out what it is, not that I made any major changes though. Runs good and cool too. Looking at logging right now.

I tried logging some stuff yesterday.. Looks like I'm not getting the amount of fuel I should be getting and dropping off too early which is exactly what it feels like. Do I use the logging to see how it's acting and then figure out where to make the changes to fix what it's not doing? I read something about auto correcting stuff somewhere and I don't know if this is even related to any of the logging and tuning on the Cummins. I figured out how to make a "map" and then log it which is how I found out about the fuel dropping off early and not getting enough. I think I need to up my pulse width?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast